Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FFS Cheer UP Chaps

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
We didn't play well buy heyho. >£1,000,000 in the overall cup run . 49 points and 9th Place in a very competitive league , new super stadium, great support,fun manager, in the black, finest community club in the land........ Shall I continue?

I love this club and whilst preferring to still be in the cup am ok about being out!

TNBA

TTF

D

Deleted member 18477

think the way we got smashed has upset a few. im sure if we beat ipswich we'll all get over it pretty fast!

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
No negatives here. A welcome kick up the backside and the day would have been ruined anyway on learning we had Stoke in the next round.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Nine of the starting 11 were playing Div 1 last year so no wonder the gulf in class.

The squad is now evolving in and getting better but those who think we are ready to go up this season maybe ought to think again.

TigheRade

Feb 3, 2012
Margin of defeat was demoralizing but I cannot be angry with the side. They have provided the fans with some great memories this season and have made us, for the first time in years, a solid championship side with real possibilities of going up. We didn't play well enough but result was flattering. Does not take away from the achievements of this squad.

Lets not forget, Arsenal, Manchester United, Spurs and Chelsea have all conceded five or more in the Premiership this year.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Nine of the starting 11 were playing Div 1 last year so no wonder the gulf in class.

The squad is now evolving in and getting better but those who think we are ready to go up this season maybe ought to think again.

Exactly.

Mattstrugnell

PC Beard's Stare
Jan 2, 2011
We didn't play well buy heyho. >£1,000,000 in the overall cup run . 49 points and 9th Place in a very competitive league , new super stadium, great support,fun manager, in the black, finest community club in the land........ Shall I continue?

I love this club and whilst preferring to still be in the cup am ok about being out!

TNBA

TTF
And we've dished out some upsets in the league so far this year. Was pissed off yesterday, but today it's history. Doing better than I expected in the league. The future is still very bright for us.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Definitely not moaning here. If we were to be hammered then that game would have been the one i would have chosen to have it at. A good lesson for all who played, Big lessons learned!! i hope!

Back to the really important league game this week with nothing to fear and no cup to think about!! Cash from the cup pocketed! Onwards and upwards

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Well said TT's Fridge. It wasn't all doom and gloom anyway, my favorite quote from the day:

Dalglish hopes Brighton recover from the heavy defeat to stay on course for promotion to the Premier League.

"Six goals might have been a little bit flattering," he said. "I hope the scoreline doesn't affect them.

"I hope they go on and carry on the success they have had, I certainly hope they end up higher in the league than those shits up the road at Selhurst."

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton

TNBA

TTF

Yep, quite relaxed about it now. Looking back it was fairly comical.

Onward and upwards.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Kind've expected yesterday , however the three OGs made it harder , if it was 3/4-1 then fair enough

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here