Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer story makes front page of Sussex Uni paper

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Bloody students. The story is complete bollocks and again refers to us as "a provincial club".

It also says the Falmer has already been turned down!

What a bunch of goons; I'm going to write them an article for next weeks paper. I've got an essay to do first though.:angry: :angry: :jester:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I think me, you and Junior should trash the place next Wednesday, after we've finished playing pool ofcourse.

:jester:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
f***ing pricks, write and complain fatboy, they'll be forced to make a full apology if they have stated things are aren't true.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Does this rag have a website ? If so would somebody post it as I think we'd all like a chance to put our view across.

Falmer Dream

Feb 2, 2004
fatboy said:
It also says the Falmer has already been turned down!
That's good. The students who are anti won't be trying to get it turned down if they think it already has been. The uni itself is supporting us.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I'm going to write them an article, and I'm also going to write a letter to the letters page.

If anyone wants to write a letter PM it to me and I will forward it. The paper comes out on Friday I am not sure yet when it goes to print.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Kind of worrying for our future society that the so-called cream of young intellect have got their spotty heads shoved so far up their own arses.

I used to go to the University campus for cheap beer and cheap snogs, even though I wasn't a student. The girls then (we are talking about 15 years ago) absolute darlings (alright, there were a few pigs), and the place was cool.

But now I can't wait to get to swinging hatchet to the place and bang a few heads together. They all want to be dipped in honey and rolled in clover, but I would rather dowse the fuckers in petrol and take a match to them. Wankers.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
fatboy said:
I'm going to write them an article, and I'm also going to write a letter to the letters page.

If anyone wants to write a letter PM it to me and I will forward it. The paper comes out on Friday I am not sure yet when it goes to print.

That's all well and good Fatboy but it would be better if we could read the article first, is ths possible without 'treading the hallowed halls' of Sussex University ?

Last edited:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I was going to scan it but I haven't been home yet.

They don't appear to have a website either.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
As arsenal fan origonaly from london at sussex uni I think that there is no problems with the ground being built over the road from our campus, a majority of the matches will be played on non uni days, so there isnt an issue with transport. As far as I know, non of my mates from uni are opposing the stadium or think that it will effect the uni at all. As for those who write the uni paper, they obviously haven't done any proper research into it, and have just made up the article from what they have heard etc. The views of the paper are not necessarily the views of all sussex students, just whoever wrote the article.
:)

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
But large one you wouldnt be helping the enviroment if you dowsed them in petrol and put a match to them ..think of all those greenhouse gases!!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
As an Arsenal fan you should also know that part of your new stadium will be built on the site of the old Corporation Rubbish Dump. I should know because I was working in the building opposite (which is also to be demolished to make way).

Frankly I cannot understand why the handful of NIMBYs up there made such a fuss as it's currently a truly revolting area.

Still, it makes the chant 'What a load of rubbish' take on a new meaning.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Is this it?? There isn't a copy on line but an email address for them...

Badger?

Maybe someone who has read the article might like to send an email pointing out the salient facts of their report that are incorrect and also pointing out the geographic relationship between the stadium and the campus - ie over zee road!!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Sent to this address as supplied by Fatboy

badger@sussex.ac.uk

I’m led to believe from several students at your university that to college newspaper has printed a front page article about the proposed new stadium at Falmer. It appears there are some glaring inaccuracies in this article and I, like a number of Brighton and Hove Albion fans would like the opportunity to put our side across, Whilst I’m not accusing the writer of bias it’s clear that they are misinformed and I feel that your campus has the right to know the real facts.

Yours faithfully

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
And I got this reply back very quickly -

While we did publish an article about the proposed stadium, its main focus was
the debates that the stadium has sparked on campus, rather than the stadium
itself. I apologise if we got our facts wrong, however, and would be pleased to
publish a letter from you regarding the issue. Unfortunately we are about to
send to print our last issue of this term, so any letter you sent us would be
printed, although not until late April.

Best wishes,

Kate Walker

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Dear Andy,

We'd be pleased to publish a piece about the Falmer stadium, as not only is it a
big issue (and one that may affect Sussex students, should it go through), but
it
would go very well in the Sports section of the paper, especially now that the
BUSA season is over.

Unfortunately, we are about to send off our last issue of this term, so any
article
would have to wait until week 2 of the summer term, as that is our next issue.
If
you're still interested in writing the article, please contact Katie Taylor, our
sports
editor, on badger-sports@sussex.ac.uk.

Thanks for your interest!

Kate Walker

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
oh great so that means all the sudents who are anti-falmer and not in the know about falmer will believe what they read and wont hear anything different until late April...oh well :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here