Sone Aluko
Steven Naismith
Steven Whittaker
Alan McGregor
Kyle Lafferty
Steven Davis
Jamie Ness
Rhys McCabe

I'm sure there will be others. Would be impressed to see us go for the likes of Aluko (who was looked at by Juventus when he was at Aberdeen, and is only 23), Naismith and Whittaker, I think they'd be impressive at Championship level.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I doubt if they could make the step up to the Championship, maybe Naismith on a pay per play deal if we can't find anyone else.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Steven Davis would be a vg acquisition. Aluko maybe but we have Nooney and Buckley who are better. Ness has already signed for someone else. McCabe young and still to prove himself. Whittaker would be ideal in the North Stand burger bar (absolutely useless anywhere near the pitch). Lafferty is a mega-ned and best avoided. McGregor is a class keeper but I can't see him being no. 2 to Tomaz. Naismith is vg but we have CMS so why have him as well?
It will be interesting to see what Carlos Bocanegra does, he is pretty useful and not as short of pace as some would think. However we do seem to have central defence cover so why bother?
Not really sure about buying players in a fire sale? I am pretty certain Gus knows who he wants to sign and they would not be from the SPL.

TNBA

TTF

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I doubt if they could make the step up to the Championship, maybe Naismith on a pay per play deal if we can't find anyone else.

What!!!??

I would take Davis(100+ premier league games and 50 international caps) and Aluko (saw him at Birmingham and they were mad to let him go too soon in my view) like a shot.
Jamie Ness is unproved but well worth a punt for someone at our level as a central midfielder - a potential star of the future.

All could do a job and all would show a future profit.

Naismith is an experienced version of Barnes - probably not what we need right now. McCabe is unproven and maybe a little lightweight for what we need. Whittaker would have been useful back up had we not already got Bruno and Calde. McGregor is a good keeper but we have better.
Lafferty I don't fancy - he is a big unit but lacks mobility from what I've seen and don't fancy him to work with CMS but he has played at this level and probably will do again somewhere this season. Trouble though.

Last edited:

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
What!!!??

I would take Davis(100+ premier league games and 50 international caps) and Aluko (saw him at Birmingham and they were mad to let him go too soon in my view) like a shot.
Jamie Ness is unproved but well worth a punt for someone at our level as a central midfielder - a potential star of the future.

All could do a job and all would show a future profit.

Naismith is an experienced version of Barnes - probably not what we need right now. McCabe is unproven and maybe a little lightweight for what we need. Whittaker would have been useful back up had we not already got Bruno and Calde. McGregor is a good keeper but we have better.
Lafferty I don't fancy - he is a big unit but lacks mobility from what I've seen and don't fancy him to work with CMS but he has played at this level and probably will do again somewhere this season. Trouble though.

Listen , I am a Rangers fan but Whittaker is pure sh!t. 'Useful back up ' or 'useful to get our backs up'?

TNBA

TTF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here