Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do eskimos drink red wine COLD??

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Because you are meant to drink it at room temperature?

Also you are meant to drink red wine a bit colder than room temperatue as in the old days when it was INVENTED it was colder.

Well??

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Yeah right Chappers. Eskimos are real and they ride unicorns and sit in ponds with yellow hats drinking frozen wine from Odin's magic gourd.

Jul 20, 2003
as it was invented in warmer places that my flat in November should I heat it up a bit - I'm not talking heat it up a lot although mulled wine is nice

I personally guarantee that at some point during December I will chunder after drinking too much mulled wine and smoking too many HUGE cigars - it is one of the worst pukes possible, far worse than Sambuca sick.

How can something that feels so right go so wrong?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
can you relight it on the way back out?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
eastlondonseagull said:
I always stick my best red wines in the fridge now - taste amazingly smooth :drink: Has got to be a good bottle, though.

Are you an eskimo?

Jul 20, 2003
I bet Mr Eskimos drink a lot of wine, or they'd go extinct

Eskimo%20Web.JPG

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
culvers said:
The Japanese do, cant get a bottle of red out here which isnt chilled.

Yeah, I noticed that the other day. But then I was only in 7/11, so I'm sure if I went to a proper boozery I'd find some unchilled red.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Shizuoka Dolphin said:
Yeah, I noticed that the other day. But then I was only in 7/11, so I'm sure if I went to a proper boozery I'd find some unchilled red.

Ah, 7/11s - I remember them all over south east Asia, in Bangkok, KL, Hong Kong. Everything was chilled, used to 'shop' just to get out of the heat. Memories :down:

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Juan Albion said:
You're not to blame but this thread is a bit unfortunate. The Innuit have a very serious problem with substance abuse of all sorts, especially amongst the young, frequently ending in suicide.

They should have a drink then. It might cheer them up.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
A lot of Innuits died of hyperthermia when Canadian and American oil companies first exploited the region and brought in a drinking culture. The Innuit's weren't used to alcohol and it's effects on body temperature and basically got pissed and froze to death in their sleep. Not having a go at this thread, just an interesting point I thought.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Hungry Joe said:
A lot of Innuits died of hyperthermia when Canadian and American oil companies first exploited the region and brought in a drinking culture. The Innuit's weren't used to alcohol and it's effects on body temperature and basically got pissed and froze to death in their sleep. Not having a go at this thread, just an interesting point I thought.

A different fact at least from the usual "they kiss by rubbing their noses" and "they have a hundred different words for snow".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here