Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did Poyet and Rodgers both blink first?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Rodgers admitted that he wouldn't have let Carroll go to WHU if he didn't believe he was getting another striker in. Do you think Gus did the opposite - bought Dobbie in the expectation that CMS was going to Norwich? Reading the Argus it seems they thought CMS was on his way earlier on Friday evening.

In ourcase it's not too bad as we've now got an extra striker - although someone that seems quite similar in style to CMS.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
i wouldn't believe everything that is printed in the Argus.....

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I don't think Dobbie was ever related to a CMS deal, I think was coming in regardless of whether CMS moved or not. If Norwich were sucessful then I think we could well have seen someone like Beckford coming in and possible 1 other. Happy to have kept CMS and added Dobbie though

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Rodgers admitted that he wouldn't have let Carroll go to WHU if he didn't believe he was getting another striker in. Do you think Gus did the opposite - bought Dobbie in the expectation that CMS was going to Norwich? Reading the Argus it seems they thought CMS was on his way earlier on Friday evening.
How would the medical bit have worked, with CMS being in Burnley? We didn't find out about the ones we brought in until the last minute, but looking at the interviews it seems they were here and showing off the shirt in the afternoon.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
No. Isn't it more likely that the freeing up of funds by the sale of Craig Noone precipitated the final day's activity.

If CMS had gone, it would have been less of a blow with all the other activity around, but Gus clearly didn't want to lose him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Guess wanted another striker.
The only nod to a possible transfer would be Gus buying a similar forward instead of 'another option'.

But a forward was always going to come in.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The Canary is dead (Eric Cantona unpublished)

If a 25 man squad there are two players in each position plus one extra (keeper). If we want the option of two upfront, we a ought to have three out and out strikers, so we will have to count Barnes as a striker rather than midfielder.

Norwich are like an injury, or a lurgy (poison). Jaundiced yellow.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
If a 25 man squad there are two players in each position plus one extra (keeper). If we want the option of two upfront, we a ought to have three out and out strikers, so we will have to count Barnes as a striker rather than midfielder.

Norwich are like an injury, or a lurgy (poison). Jaundiced yellow.

Those articles about David Lopez joining that have been translated from Spanish to English make more sense than this pile of steaming nonsense. Does anyone ever understand a word posted by this absolute slice?

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK

In ourcase it's not too bad as we've now got an extra striker - although someone that seems quite similar in style to CMS.

As has been mentioned on here a fair bit over the past two weeks. We must not let CMS be run ragged over the early season and go into burnout mode, especially if he is recalled by Scotland. Dobbie is good cover and will ensure a depth in squad that will mean we won't go into meltdown in March like last season.

TNBA

TTF

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
As has been mentioned on here a fair bit over the past two weeks. We must not let CMS be run ragged over the early season and go into burnout mode, especially if he is recalled by Scotland. Dobbie is good cover and will ensure a depth in squad that will mean we won't go into meltdown in March like last season.

TNBA

TTF

at last, someone talking sense.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
Those articles about David Lopez joining that have been translated from Spanish to English make more sense than this pile of steaming nonsense. Does anyone ever understand a word posted by this absolute slice?

im glad you said that . i thought i was going mad . almost all of his post are utter utter drivel that make no sense

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Personally I think the Board screwed him.

I agree, in the light of the recent letter from the LFC board posted on their main website.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Rodgers blinked... Gus got it spot on...

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
One great thing about Gus in the short time he has been our manager is he just gets on with it. He has a great relationship with his players and chairman.

He has quite clearly said he will not put a stop any player that has the option to play at the highest level, however he hopes that will be with him. I think this attitude is very commendable and I bet players would say to anyone thinking of joining us, do it, Gus wants to play football, is passionate about winning, it may not be the best wages compared to others, but the stadium rocks and the life style is great. Bring on the best training facility in the country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here