Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Day 3 - A song that makes you happy

no81skint

Apr 27, 2007
Coventry
Katrina and the Waves - Walking on Sunshine

A long time ago I went travelling around Europe...and that summer there was a song that belted out from the radios of Europe which seemed so appropriate. This song reminds me of that wonderful time travelling and of a happy reunion. I still have the single that was bought for me stashed in the garage. The song made me happy then and makes me very happy now whenever I hear it!

Original post: Day 3 A song that makes you happy: Katrina and the Waves - Walking on Sunshine

They have just played this wonderful tune on R2 - great for singing along to in the privacy of the car! Good band, if you like catchy powerpop with clever lyrics worth a listen on your music site of choice.

Video is NSFW

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Hope the link works - a track called Blue Sky by the Allman Brothers Band.

I first bought the Album in 1972, shortly after Duane Allman who formed the band was killed in a motorcycle accident. This song has been with me ever since and never fails to bring a smile to my face and sometimes even a tear to my eye, however pissed off I feel. Don't bother listening to the words, which are somewhat pathetic, but the instrumental bit in the middle - my brother in law once described it as the best air guitar record ever, but it is not heavy, loud or fast, just heartfelt. But it is not just the lead guitars, there are two good drummers working together and a wonderfully melodic bass-line.... I've just got to go an listen to it again.

PS - the link is for the original album version - any of the live versions you might find might be good, but they won't have Duane on them - possibly the finest slide guitarist ever.

The Allman Brothers Band - Blue Sky - YouTube

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Always lifts my spirits-it helps that everybody performing all seem to be enjoying themselves.

[yt]ELuckSuWrGk[/yt]

no81skint

Apr 27, 2007
Coventry
Some great songs to remember - Madness, Fountains of Wayne! But my second choice for songs that makes me happy now has got to The Cure's Friday I'm in Love...manic but happy, rare in a Cure song :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here