Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

could this mean dk is goin to cough up?

jimmy hill's chin

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton eye Onuora

Coppell is aiming for promotion
Brighton have made an enquiry about Sheffield United about striker Iffy Onuora.
Albion manager Steve Coppell has made no secret of the fact he wants to bring new forwards into the club after the departures of Paul Kitson and Graham Barrett

The Blades have also stated they want to reduce their wage bill.

Onuora, 35, has played for Huddersfield, Mansfield, Swindon and Gillingham and the Terriers are also interested in signing Onuora again.

The striker has returned to training after an Achilles injury ruled him out for most of last season.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Huddersfield, even though a division below & deep in financial shit will probably offer him a better deal than DK can...
:(

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Dont want Rouge either personally, he was good for us in a short period of time but hes not a long term answer as his goals to game ratio proves.

Whats your opinion of him having seen him over a period of times wilts?

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Albion Dan said:
Dont want Rouge either personally, he was good for us in a short period of time but hes not a long term answer as his goals to game ratio proves.

Whats your opinion of him having seen him over a period of times wilts?

Um... well he's the strongest footballer I've ever seen, and gives his all most of the time. Good dribbler, good in the air, good vision, good passing. Generally good running off the ball. Loads of assists.

But:

He's a striker, and doesn't score.
Fades out of the game a lot
Doesn't tackle well
Can look lazy, despite trying his hardest.

Make of that what you will. You already have a quality freescoring centre-forward, so Rouge will work with him well. We haven't got a Zamora, so expect our centre-forwards to score, which Rougier doesn't. Hence he's on the way out. Quite sorry to see him go as he's a top bloke.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Trigger said:
Huddersfield, even though a division below & deep in financial shit will probably offer him a better deal than DK can...
:(

Asked my neighbour, who is a season ticket holder, and he reckons Huddersfield are offering him a coaching/player role which will be better for him in the long run. He wouldn't have to move either from the Sheffield area.

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Good old Sussex by the sea!
Yorkie said:
Asked my neighbour, who is a season ticket holder, and he reckons Huddersfield are offering him a coaching/player role which will be better for him in the long run. He wouldn't have to move either from the Sheffield area.

That must be in our favour! I bet he can't wait to move away from Sheffield - it's a shit-hole!:lolol:

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
mona said:
Onuora is 36 this month. Does anyone remember Phil Stant?

"Who let the Stant out?, ooo .ooo ,ooo, ooo!"

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Mullers said:
That must be in our favour! I bet he can't wait to move away from Sheffield - it's a shit-hole!:lolol:

You obviously haven't seen much of it then. ???

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Albion Dan said:
Onoura would be good if fit and cheap but has far too much "Kitson" potential for my liking!!!

Couldn't agree more. A good player who is past his best and has had a bad run with injuries.

Iffy only played 7 games last season.

It really would be "Kitson revisited."

Nah, steer clear Stevie.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Gritt23 said:
Couldn't agree more. A good player who is past his best and has had a bad run with injuries.

Iffy only played 7 games last season.

It really would be "Kitson revisited."

Nah, steer clear Stevie.

Agree entirely, surely we can do better than this ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here