Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS called up for this weekend

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
unsurprising really but looks like Kenny Miller might be out so CMS might get a start.

BBC Sport - Scotland will not gamble on Kenny Miller's fitness

Scotland coach Craig Levein insists he will not gamble on Kenny Miller's fitness for Saturday's Euro 2012 qualifier in Liechtenstein.
"The manager has already spoken to the backroom staff," said Houston, who had previously hinted that Brighton's Mackail-Smith was the preferred deputy.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
No chance of a start even against Leichtenstein. Four ahead of CMS: Steven Naismith, Kenny Miller, Ross McCormack, David Goodwillie.

No chance of a start even against Leichtenstein. Four ahead of CMS: Steven Naismith, Kenny Miller, Ross McCormack, David Goodwillie.

No chance eh???? Miller injured not being risked, McCormack not even in the squad! Naismith is a midfielder that can play as an emergency striker NOT an out and out striker (unlike CMS)
Miller has a groin injury and Scotland's assistant boss Peter Houston said: "Craig is a bit similar to Kenny — he works hard and is scoring goals."

"Craig could stand in for Kenny and not lessen the team's performance at all."

Yeah you're right mate, absolutely NO chance of starting!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Assume this on tv somewhere? If CMS plays I might watch.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
What is quite funny up here is the press considering CMS as an 'adequate replacement'. Kenny Miller cost £600k CMS at least 4 times that much. Miller has a little pace,CMS has much more. Miller runs about for you, CMS does it more and quicker. CMS also runs the channels a darn site better than Miller. Miller may be a tad more canny than CMS but that is open to debate. All in all CMS is a better player. I reckon he will play and I for one will cheer him on. Just don't get injured CMS, please?

TNBA

TTF

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
What is quite funny up here is the press considering CMS as an 'adequate replacement'. Kenny Miller cost £600k CMS at least 4 times that much. Miller has a little pace,CMS has much more. Miller runs about for you, CMS does it more and quicker. CMS also runs the channels a darn site better than Miller. Miller may be a tad more canny than CMS but that is open to debate. All in all CMS is a better player. I reckon he will play and I for one will cheer him on. Just don't get injured CMS, please?

TNBA

TTF

But Miller has the right accent :lolol:

TTF

Agree with that but I think Miller holds the ball up better. He also has a reasonable scoring record in a poor team so is likely to remain first choice for the time being

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here