Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Centre Back, Virgil or someone else?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Without speculating on what may or may not happen with Lewis Dunk. I think it pretty widely acknowledged that centre back is the next positon that needs attention. Let's hope we can land Virgil as he sounds like a great pospect and a good investment for the future. But hopefully we have a plan b. If anything happened to Greer or El Abd we could be in a bit of a pickle. So who would be a good loan till end of season. I put forward Swansea's Garry Monk.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If I remember we tried to sign Gary monk years ago

That's right we did, wasn't it Adams first time round???...Plenty of experience and played in every division with the Swans, including a hand full of games this season. But I believe he is out of contract at the end of the season. Would be a perfect fit for us, I would have thought, short term.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
If he's expiring it might be worth getting him in and looking to make it permanent in summer. With all respect to him not sure he's quite Prem class but be excellent in this division

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When Gary Monk left Southampton we wanted to sign him but I think that he turned us down and I am sure I read that Curtis Davis is going to Leeds for £1.3m which would have been a steal for us.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Anyone know whether Anonymous Agent (@anon_agentITK) is a credible twitter source? Can't work out if it's another billy bullshitter twitter person or not. Does appear to be confirming a few deals before they're happening but hardly any followers and could just be getting lucky. Either way, he's tweeted these today:

Anonymous Agent‏@anon_agentITK
Michael Abreu still training with #bhafc.

#bhafc have improved their offer for Van Dijk due to competition from #nufc #efc.

???

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Anyone know whether Anonymous Agent (@anon_agentITK) is a credible twitter source? Can't work out if it's another billy bullshitter twitter person or not. Does appear to be confirming a few deals before they're happening but hardly any followers and could just be getting lucky. Either way, he's tweeted these today:

Michael Abreu still training with #bhafc.

#bhafc have improved their offer for Van Dijk due to competition from #nufc #efc.

???

Everything about his twitter name suggests he's a fake. The general rule is that anyone with the initials 'ITK' in their twitter name is FAR from 'in the know'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here