Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex- On time, in budget and to specification. Quite unique for 21st C Britain

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Worth considering that in the face of numerous disastrous government adversely influenced projects such as the NHS Computer Systems Integration Project, the Edinburgh Tram fiasco or the 'Ark Royal' replacement nonsense it is quite splendid that Martin Perry and the Albion team plus the Buckingham Group have delivered Project Falmer on time, in budget and to spec. As someone who has had over 30 years experience in, I think, successful Project Engineering and delivery it needs very little effort from any one of the team components to disrupt a project and put it off budget, off target and off spec.

Recently continental Europe have led the way, Oresund link bridge Interconnector between Denmark and Sweden, Millau Viaduct to name two very successful Projects. We can now add Project Amex.

Well done Martin Perry and team. Hopefully the experience can be distilled and used for future British Projects to make them successful. Gawd knows we need them.

TNBA

TTF

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Yes the project team have done a great job. Buckingham Group can walk away from this one with their heads held high.

I would say there is a fair chance they will be involved with the building of the new training facility.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It is quite unusual for any large building project to be completed to schedule and included quite a few changes along the way.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Wembley = public funded

Falmer = private funded

Go figure

Absolutely nothing to do with it! Its just down to good Project Management. I can name several private funded projects, (hotels and the like), which have come in vastly over budget and late and if you want to be perdantic Wembley was a private funded project.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
If i was being pedantic i could say Falmer whilst being "Major construction wise" is complete-it if it were a property new that i was purchasing and hoping to move into/live in,is in actual fact,far from complete-however-for the purpose of the thread i agree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here