Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

24 - good innit ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Watched it for the first time last night (series 5) and thought it was QUALITY. Had to watch a recording of course, being as Sky One is adverts CENTRAL, but I think I'm hooked. Gripping stuff, might have to get hold of the other series now. At last, something to watch on a Sunday night.

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Awesome series but I can't imagine the first episode having the same impact on you if you haven't seen the previous series.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I do need to catch up a bit, I agree. I had a quick look on a couple of sites to get an idea on the background to it (at least I know what CTU stands for now, cos that was throwing me). I'll look out for repeats of earlier series, or if I get seriously embroiled I might pick them up on DVD.

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
Oh i really like that, currently working my way through season 4. Non stop action, very exciting. I also love the non specifics in regards to the countries where these terrorists come from.

Seasons 1-4 on offer at play.com

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Easy 10 said:
I do need to catch up a bit, I agree. I had a quick look on a couple of sites to get an idea on the background to it (at least I know what CTU stands for now, cos that was throwing me). I'll look out for repeats of earlier series, or if I get seriously embroiled I might pick them up on DVD.

This is the first series where it has genuinely continued on from the last one, normally there is a bit of background but that is it.

However a promising start with the 2 episodes last night.

Life on Mars tonight, Shameless tomorrow, so TV is getting good.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Uncle Buck said:
This is the first series where it has genuinely continued on from the last one, normally there is a bit of background but that is it.

However a promising start with the 2 episodes last night.
What an inopportune moment to start watching it then. Oh well.
However, Sky One has only recently become viewable for me as I can record it now. I'm WELL into Battlestar Galactica as well.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Easy 10 said:
However, Sky One has only recently become viewable for me as I can record it now. I'm WELL into Battlestar Galactica as well.

I have been watchin Battlestar Galactica and am enjoy its swipes at organised religion.

I think with this new 24, as long as you have some idea why he is dead it should be fine, was a bit surprised that had done it as a follow on, but normally about 4 hours in the plot has completely changed.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Easy 10 said:

24 was a great start last night but like Turkey says, the death of 2 of the shows main charactors in the past 4 series means its not the best of places to start watching! You will start to pick up the formula, its amazing how many times Bauer is left on his own to fend off gangs of marauding terrorists.

Incidently, we have the Cisco Voice over IP phones at work which CTU use. I can tell you for nothing they are proper GASH and work as well as a tin can and a piece of string rather than the crystal clear reception Jack seems to get.

As for Battlestar Galactica, Can someone remind me why Baltar and the chief were stuck on Colbalt and what on earth the arrow is all about?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Easy 10 said:
Watched it for the first time last night (series 5) and thought it was QUALITY. Had to watch a recording of course, being as Sky One is adverts CENTRAL, but I think I'm hooked. Gripping stuff, might have to get hold of the other series now. At last, something to watch on a Sunday night.

Series 1,2,3 & 4 are top top stuff...not able to watch series 5 yet as not got sky :( but if you'd like to borrow the any of the other series, let me know and i'll pass em over on saturday.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Re: Re: 24 - good innit ?

fake slim said:
Series 1,2,3 & 4 are top top stuff...not able to watch series 5 yet as not got sky :( but if you'd like to borrow the any of the other series, let me know and i'll pass em over on saturday.
What a kind offer...I might just take you up on that squire, PROMISE to look after them. Alright if I borrow series 1 ?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Re: Re: Re: 24 - good innit ?

Easy 10 said:
What a kind offer...I might just take you up on that squire, PROMISE to look after them. Alright if I borrow series 1 ?

No probs, i'll have to dig it out but sure i can get it for saturday.

It explains a lot of why his actions are like they are with women and children....oh dear,that sounds rather suspect doesn't it? :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Re: Re: Re: Re: 24 - good innit ?

fake slim said:
No probs, i'll have to dig it out but sure i can get it for saturday.

It explains a lot of why his actions are like they are with women and children....oh dear,that sounds rather suspect doesn't it? :lolol:
:lolol:
Excellent, will PM you nearer the time then to SNORT it.
:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here