Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
and the 2nd semi- again, 24 hours to vote

England Internationals
Manager
: Peter Taylor. Taylor managed the Albion in the 2001-02 season, winning the Division 2 (League One) title. He's the only man (to date) to manage the Albion and the England national side whom he managed for 1 game as a caretaker manager in 2000.

Taylor has selected a very strong squad for England's debut in this tournament. Whilst some had quite short Brighton careers, there are some real Albion legends here such as Foster, Stevens, Ward, Zamora and of course, Lee Hendrie.

Star man: In a competitive field there is much competition for this label but it could well be Peter Ward, considered by many to be the clubs best ever.

The story so far: England are making their tournament debut this year and managed to escape the group of death, fending off the challenge of the talented Rest of Europe side. They then beat a very strong Irish side 11-6 in the Quarter Finals

Goalkeepers: Dave Beasant, Joe Corrigan
Defenders: Ben White, Wayne Bridge, Matt Upson, Fikayo Tomori, Steve Foster (Captain), Martin Keown, Gary Stevens, Russell Osman, Levi Colwill
Midfielders: Adam Lallana, James Milner, Lee Hendrie, Mark Chamberlain
Forwards: Peter Ward, Bobby Zamora, Darren Bent, Jesse Lingard, Danny Welbeck

Possible starting line up:

Corrigan

Stevens White Upson Foster Bridge

Lallana Milner

Ward Welbeck Zamora

vs

Africa
Manager
: Chris Hughton. Hughton managed the Albion from 2014-19, achieving promotion from the Championship. He also coached Ghana at the 2022 World Cup

Africa were the losing finalists last year and have possibly improved on that with the emergence of Baleba as a top level player and the signing of Minteh. Hughton's men have an outrageous pool of talent to choose from especially in midfield. Hughton may be tempted to play 3 wingers up front as he has plenty of talent in that area.

Star man: Plenty to choose from but I've gone with current starlet Baleba

The story so far: Last year's runners-up have impressed thus far, winning Group D with ease. They then scraped past Sussex 7-4 in the quarter finals.

Goalkeepers: Rami Shaaban
Defenders: Adam El-Abd (Captain), Tariq Lamptey, Leon Balogun, Gaeten Bong, David Adekola, Emeka Ifijiegwa, Adam Chicksen, Zoumana Bakayogo
Midfielders: Yves Bissouma, Enock Mwepu, Carlos Baleba, Abdul Razaq, Samy Chouchrane, Al Bangura, Nzuzi Toko
Forwards: Lloyd Owusu, Simon Adingra, Kazenga Lualua, Percey Tau, Yankuba Minteh, Albert Jarrett, Leroy Lita, Dennis Foreman, Mustapha Carayol, Ade Akinbiyi

Possible starting line up:

Shaaban

Lamptey Balogun El-Abd Bong

Bissouma Mwepu Baleba

Minteh Adingra Lualua

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
A very close one but I'm going for Africa based primarily on that gorgeous midfield

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Really tough to call this one. I'm going to need time to ponder it.

My line ups are:

Beasant
Tomori Foster Upson Bridge
White Milner
Ward lallana Welbeck
Zamora

Vs

Shabaan
Lamptey El abd balogun bong
Mwepu bissouma baleba
Adingra minteh Lua Lua

What a ridiculous match up!

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Really tough to call this one. I'm going to need time to ponder it.

My line ups are:

Beasant
Tomori Foster Upson Bridge
White Milner
Ward lallana Welbeck
Zamora

Vs

Shabaan
Lamptey El abd balogun bong
Mwepu bissouma baleba
Adingra minteh Lua Lua

What a ridiculous match up!
Very hard to pick the England side purely because of the ABUNDANCE of quality in defence. You are probably correct in pushing White into midfield

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I think England just edge it based on clinical finishing, they’ll create fewer chances but put away the ones they do

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here