Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora

AlanGordonPartridge

Jan 2, 2012
I know this post probably circulates NSC 24/7 but I don't use the forum particularly often, but here's a theory. If Brighton get promoted, sorry should re-phrase that, when BHA get promoted and QPR go down do you think there's a chance Zamora will come back to the Albion? He'd obviously have to take a wage cut, but surely he's made as much as he can and definitely has a substantial amount in the kitty? Do you think he'd enjoy seeing out his career here? Or contrary to popular belief was Brighton just another club for him? ??? Would you have him back, or would you prefer the club to search for younger, fresher prospects and not go down the route of buying older players that are arguably past it? (Derby County springs to mind in the 2007/08 season)

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Allegedly Zamora had the chance to come home last January and he wanted a big payday so went to QPR.

Now a complete sick note and would not want him to come back if he was shit now. That said and quite ironically, he is EXACTLY what we need at the moment!!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I know this post probably circulates NSC 24/7 but I don't use the forum particularly often, but here's a theory. If Brighton get promoted, sorry should re-phrase that, when BHA get promoted and QPR go down do you think there's a chance Zamora will come back to the Albion? He'd obviously have to take a wage cut, but surely he's made as much as he can and definitely has a substantial amount in the kitty? Do you think he'd enjoy seeing out his career here? Or contrary to popular belief was Brighton just another club for him? ??? Would you have him back, or would you prefer the club to search for younger, fresher prospects and not go down the route of buying older players that are arguably past it? (Derby County springs to mind in the 2007/08 season)

I bloody hope not. He'll be retiring pretty soon anyway, so we won't have to worry about it.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

We are not going to get promoted get real and enjoy the 2nd division while it lasts ,125 million on ground and training pitches and nothing on the team.Gus will go managers dont hang around for long most of our players have premier league ambition so will also go,becacause we failed to sign strikers in the summer we have dropped to 8th and could not win a game on an empty pitch.In a couple of seasons we may have the prettiest ground in the 3rd division.

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
We are not going to get promoted get real and enjoy the 2nd division while it lasts ,125 million on ground and training pitches and nothing on the team.Gus will go managers dont hang around for long most of our players have premier league ambition so will also go,becacause we failed to sign strikers in the summer we have deopped to 8th and could not win a game on an empty pitch.In a couple of seasons we will have the prettiest ground in the 3rd division.

What an intelligent post. NOT.

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
We are not going to get promoted get real and enjoy the 2nd division while it lasts ,125 million on ground and training pitches and nothing on the team.Gus will go managers dont hang around for long most of our players have premier league ambition so will also go,becacause we failed to sign strikers in the summer we have dropped to 8th and could not win a game on an empty pitch.In a couple of seasons we may have the prettiest ground in the 3rd division.

Merry Christmas

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Allegedly Zamora had the chance to come home last January and he wanted a big payday so went to QPR.

Now a complete sick note and would not want him to come back if he was shit now. That said and quite ironically, he is EXACTLY what we need at the moment!!

This. Although I think he would struggle to get back ino a premier league dogfight at QPR, especially as Redknapp isnt a fan of his,I still think he has a good season in the Championship left in him. All depends on his injury I spose.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Can't see him coming back in January as he won't be fully recovered, but wouldn't be surprised with a 93 day loan once he's fit in February.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas,just pointing out that having a prettty ground means absolutely nothing in the football world ,it`s the team that wins games not the ground or the fans,how long do you think the prawn sarnie brigade will carry on forking out to watch a team drawing or losing week in week out at home in the 2nd division,how long do you think the North stand will stay full once every one is made to sit and it resembles a library.Not signing strikers while we have the likes of Bridge Bruno and Kuszack was probably the biggest mistake Gus will make in his managerial carreer,next season our budget for players wages will be cut to reflect income which has neen organised to keep the clubs in the premier league safe, as it effectively stops smaller clubs growing and taking a place in the top flight, so no big signing next season then.

Last edited:

Pickledegg

Jul 13, 2012

Amazing how some people see a season in different light! We have a fantastic stadium, fantastic training facilities being prepared, fantastic fan base and still this is not enough for some! People moaning about the lack of money spent on players, the price of pies, beers shit, paper is too thin in the program, coffee shortage in 1901, Gus is cracking! The list goes on! Have a bloody word with yourselves!

Get the foundations right and we will succeed! The Club is a business and as such the books have to be balanced or it will fail! Maybe not this year or next but eventually it will! Not everyone understands the fundamentals of business but if you ain't got it, you can't have it!! FFS cheer up its Christmas and we are still well in the mix!

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Amazing how some people see a season in different light! We have a fantastic stadium, fantastic training facilities being prepared, fantastic fan base and still this is not enough for some! People moaning about the lack of money spent on players, the price of pies, beers shit, paper is too thin in the program, coffee shortage in 1901, Gus is cracking! The list goes on! Have a bloody word with yourselves!

Get the foundations right and we will succeed! The Club is a business and as such the books have to be balanced or it will fail! Maybe not this year or next but eventually it will! Not everyone understands the fundamentals of business but if you ain't got it, you can't have it!! FFS cheer up its Christmas and we are still well in the mix!

The op is assuming promotion is a foregone conclusion,i have merely pointed out it is not and am enjoying the football along with every one else.We have been flitting between the lower divisions for years a pretty ground will not change that,spending money on the right players will give us a chance,enjoy the 2nd division we don`t get here often and could well be in the 3rd again in a couple of seasons

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Merry Christmas,just pointing out that having a prettty ground means absolutely nothing in the football world ,it`s the team that wins games not the ground or the fans,how long do you think the prawn sarnie brigade will carry on forking out to watch a team drawing or losing week in week out at home in the 2nd division,how long do you think the North stand will stay full once every one is made to sit and it resembles a library.Not signing strikers while we have the likes of Bridge Bruno and Kuszack was probably the biggest mistake Gus will make in his managerial carreer,next season our budget for players wages will be cut to reflect income which has neen organised to keep the clubs in the premier league safe, as it effectively stops smaller clubs growing and taking a place in the top flight, so no big signing next season then.

I'm sure you must at least work for the club as you have such a fine understanding of its internal affairs. Perhaps you shouldn't be telling our rivals that we won't be making any big signings and that we're about to go belly up, this will decrease the fees for our better players when we are forced to sell at cut price in preparation for lower league football. Moving to the Amex was obviously a disaster for the club and fans.

:ffsparr:

Pickledegg

Jul 13, 2012
The op is assuming promotion is a foregone conclusion,i have merely pointed out it is not and am enjoying the football along with every one else.We have been flitting between the lower divisions for years a pretty ground will not change that,spending money on the right players will give us a chance,enjoy the 2nd division we don`t get here often and could well be in the 3rd again in a couple of seasons

There are a dozen or more teams in this division who could go up this season and as you rightly say no one team is guaranteed! However, my point is that a stadium of the quality of ours, if managed correctly should produce the revenue to spend on quality players!

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex

We finished Top 10 last season and currently 3 points off 5th.
Good times.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
There are a dozen or more teams in this division who could go up this season and as you rightly say no one team is guaranteed! However, my point is that a stadium of the quality of ours, if managed correctly should produce the revenue to spend on quality players!

Should is a great word,but as the gates diminish so will the clubs income

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here