Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora!

D Block blue

Feb 23, 2009
West Sussex la la la
Looks like he may be injured again according to ssn, possibly another set back in his footballing career.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He has always been pretty injury prone as far as I recall, I imagine it gets worse as you get older and more worn out?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
İbrahim Tatlıses;3984019 said:
He will be signing for us at the end of the season..............

Yeah, because that's what players on the fringes of playing for England do :rolleyes:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
He has always been pretty injury prone as far as I recall, I imagine it gets worse as you get older and more worn out?

Really? I think of him as very much the opposite in his time with us. There was a shoulder injury after Notts County (I think) booted him up in teh air at Withers, and then he was out for a time under Hinshelwood in the Championship. In just over 3 years with us, that seems a ruddy good injury record to me.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Really? I think of him as very much the opposite in his time with us. There was a shoulder injury after Notts County (I think) booted him up in teh air at Withers, and then he was out for a time under Hinshelwood in the Championship. In just over 3 years with us, that seems a ruddy good injury record to me.

You may be right, just seem to recall him missing quite a few games with us. It could be that he was such an important part of our team that the times he was injured stand out to me.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It could be that he was such an important part of our team that the times he was injured stand out to me.

That's probably it, and the injury under Hinshelwood coincided with that awful run of defeats, so his absence was felt so much. But you don't score 30 goals in a season if you miss many games, and he did that in both his first 2 full season with us, so he can't have missed many games.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I remember away at Peterborough, when we didn't expect him to be back from injury, but they'd kept it quiet he'd be playing. Such a buzz before k/o as word spread. Even the Peterborough ground PA gave him a massive welcome!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
When a player has a major injury and is out for months, the comeback can very often be disrupted with minor injuries (ie days rather than weeks) until their body gets used to matches again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here