Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora will leave Fulham in January and join .....

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
QPR!

That's what I've heard anyway, and it was from someone I consider to be very well placed to know.

Obviously, January is still 2 and a bit months away so, things can go wrong yet, but the phrase that was used to me last night was "done deal."

So, for those on here who were getting ahead of themselves regarding a return to the Albion for the great man, I'm afraid it is still a little way off yet.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Doesnt get on with Jol apparently. Theres been a training ground incident. Had heard he was leaving from a Fulham season ticket holder. Hadnt heard the QPR bit.

He was never coming here. He is an England international for flips sake!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Achilles Heel

Did anybody seriously suggest he would come here? He has a realistic chance of going to the Euros for crying out loud

I suggest that we do not sign over 30 elderly footballers unless they were regular international performers when younger.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
to cut a long long story short of my source..Zamora is very likely to go to Everton

Everton wasn't mentioned, but I would assume if it was a straight choice between Everton and QPR, then QPR has the added attraction of not having to move the family up the country. Fulham to QPR and nothing changes in his personal life.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Everton wasn't mentioned, but I would assume if it was a straight choice between Everton and QPR, then QPR has the added attraction of not having to move the family up the country. Fulham to QPR and nothing changes in his personal life.

If he has any ambition, playing for a top manager at a far bigger club should make the unheaval worth considering.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i wonder if this is an old rumour based on claimed incident at the end of September, something to do with being fit for the European game? he's played both games since then, one away and having a blinder against QPR. not convinced Jol want to get rid, or Zamora wants to move sideways/back.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
i wonder if this is an old rumour based on claimed incident at the end of September, something to do with being fit for the European game? he's played both games since then, one away and having a blinder against QPR. not convinced Jol want to get rid, or Zamora wants to move sideways/back.

No, it's based on something far more concrete than that. I wouldn't waste the time of my fellow NSCers with such idle speculation.

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
We have been linked with both Zamora and Andy Johnson since the summer and it's re-surfaced since they put 6 past us a few weeks ago. None of our current strikers have delivered thus far and Warnock has said he's after at least another striker and central defender come January.

As to whether we'll go down or stay up, I expect us to be in a relegation scrap so how well we spend in January could play a big part in that. We need to get back that spark that was there when we beat Everton & Wolves and drew with Newcastle.

Our next 4 games are Chelsea (H), Spurs (A), Man City (H), Stoke (A) and we've got Liverpool, Man U and Arsenal in December. :eek:

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Us, Tony Bloom will do what fellow bookmaker George Gunn did in 64 & bring an England International called Bobby into the side & we'll go on to win the title the following season...money well spent & a very Merry Xmas to us all

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here