Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora Not In the Squad Tomorrow?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No need to. He will be shown to the crowd before the match. I don't like COG but we have to be realistic here and he needs to take a place on the bench. We can't afford to carry players

...and yet the quality of our bench is poor. I doubt we really have 7 other fit players of sufficient ability that absolutely demands a place on the bench

Starting line up vs Sevilla +

Maenapaa
Calderon
Rosenior
Ince
JFC

starting to struggle now....

COG...

err......

Zamora !!!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
...and yet the quality of our bench is poor. I doubt we really have 7 other fit players of sufficient ability that absolutely demands a place on the bench

Starting line up vs Sevilla +

Maenapaa
Calderon
Rosenior
Ince
JFC

starting to struggle now....

COG...

err......

Zamora !!!

A pound to a penny Hughton won't include two strikers on the bench, so it will be O'Grady OR Zamora.

One is fit, one isn't . . .

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
O'Grady and Colunga have had a full pre-season, bit of a snub to include Bobby over them. I doubt he will be in the squad but obviously hope he is!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A pound to a penny Hughton won't include two strikers on the bench, so it will be O'Grady OR Zamora.

One is fit, one isn't . . .

So he'd prefer to include 3 defensive midfielders... or 2 defensive midfielders and 3 defenders... ? ???

No, we'll have at least 2 attacking options, and as we have no spare wingers, then it'll be 2 strikers... so 2 from COG, Zamora and Colunga.... and I can't see Colunga getting a look in...

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
So he'd prefer to include 3 defensive midfielders... or 2 defensive midfielders and 3 defenders... ? ???

No, we'll have at least 2 attacking options, and as we have no spare wingers, then it'll be 2 strikers... so 2 from COG, Zamora and Colunga.... and I can't see Colunga getting a look in...

Tilley on the bench I would think is an option also.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Of course he won't be in the match squad He is miles away from full fitness after having very little pre season training. You might see him nearer the end of the month

90 minutes plus, I understand the need for full match fitness. But if a PROFESSIONAL footballer can't hack TEN MINUTES playing football then they are seriously, seriously unfit.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Of course he won't be in the match squad He is miles away from full fitness after having very little pre season training. You might see him nearer the end of the month
yes..!! do excuse me , i did ask the question as to if he had done any pre-season with anyone but got not one reply...so the answer would appear to be no.......so he turned down a champions league gig to come to us with NO training under his belt....( sorry just had to put my jeans in the washing basket) , i would have thought he was never really that far away from match fitness and to be honest the longer he has off the better....master marketing from the club though...if he don't chime in with at least 15 goals this season it will be treated as a failure by the moaners ...unless he has 45 assists and hemed ends up going to manu for 35 million.....:drink:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Would be foolish to not be on the bench. Him coming on would spark the fans and lift the players. CH must know this. Even if he isn't match fit and up to speed, he isn't a 17 stone lager lout who needs to get into a regime. He is a fairly fit athlete whos base level fitness is high. So he might not be match sharp but he has the experience of where to be . Match fit or not , if the balls dropping to someone in the last min. You don't forget how to put it into the net because you are not match fit.

Seems ludicrous to me. The benefits of him being on the bench are plain to see. Put another attacker on there too so it isn't essential hes used.

Cant believe they wont do this

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
No need to. He will be shown to the crowd before the match. I don't like COG but we have to be realistic here and he needs to take a place on the bench. We can't afford to carry players.

Zamora can watch from the stands but he will get his chance soon hopefully.

Showing him to the crowd before the match will not have anywhere near the same impact as him warming up as a sub in his Albion gear.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
90 minutes plus, I understand the need for full match fitness. But if a PROFESSIONAL footballer can't hack TEN MINUTES playing football then they are seriously, seriously unfit.

My thoughts exactly - you got in first! He's been keeping his body in tip top shape for the last 12 years and more - even if he hasn't done a pre-season, he's still going to be a damn sight fitter than your average 34 year old.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Half-fit Zamora = Fully-fit O'Grady

Correct paul-o-grady-892330993.jpg

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
It ain't rocket science.
Get him on the fecking pitch.
He should be as fit as a flea.
It's only kicking a ball about after all.
:moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here