Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora going to World Cup ?

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
After another great performance tonight he must be a live contender to wear the three lions.After Rooney there cannot be many English strikers on this sort of form. Ok you can say Crouch and Defoe are worthy but Zamora is a different option,he is such a great TEAM player and has always delivered under good managers!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would like it to happen! sadly/realistically I don't think it will!

Oct 25, 2003
rooney and defoe are definites for me, so that leaves 3 spots to be filled

crouch has had a fairly average season BUT he does have a good record for england

bent is having a decent season but i'm not overly convinced that he's england standard

heskey is tried and tested, you know what you'll get from him, hard work, good link up but not goal threat

carlton cole? not convinced myself

will walcott go as a striker? i can only see him being in the team on right wing

if fabio is taking 5 strikers, then i'd say that zamora is in the top 5 strikers......i personally would take 4....and i've just been racking my brains and i think that he is in the top 4 aswell

rooney
defoe
crouch
zamora

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the thing is he plays the Heskey role... better then Heskey at the moment.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
can't see it

he is still down the pecking order and not sufficiently "different" from Heskey; not sufficiently "prolific" as Defoe; and not sufficiently different AND prolific as Crouch.

if a bigger squad were permitted then possibly but as it stands........................

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
2 more I think Mexico and Japan, both at the end of may
But they take place after the 'provisional' squad is picked, so in a way the answer is none. I can't see how Fabio could not have been impressed by Zamora tonight, but then he's been playing like that for a long time now and not had a sniff. I felt sure Capello would pick him for the Egypt squad, since he didn't I think it's highly unlikely he'll pick him for the World Cup. Sadly.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
rooney and defoe are definites for me, so that leaves 3 spots to be filled

crouch has had a fairly average season BUT he does have a good record for england

bent is having a decent season but i'm not overly convinced that he's england standard

heskey is tried and tested, you know what you'll get from him, hard work, good link up but not goal threat

carlton cole? not convinced myself

will walcott go as a striker? i can only see him being in the team on right wing

if fabio is taking 5 strikers, then i'd say that zamora is in the top 5 strikers......i personally would take 4....and i've just been racking my brains and i think that he is in the top 4 aswell

rooney
defoe
crouch
zamora

So bizarre. Heskey will start practically EVERY game at the WC. He is one of the first names down on Capello's team sheet, as proven by the qualifying campaign. When are people going to notice this?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
yeah he probably will

not sure i want him to though:thumbsup:

Germany 1 - 5 England
Croatia 1 - 5 England

THE 2 best England performances of the last 10 years. It's no coincidence Heskey played a key role in both.

I'm surprised people still need convincing how massively important a player Heskey is to England.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Germany 1 - 5 England
Croatia 1 - 5 England

THE 2 best England performances of the last 10 years. It's no coincidence Heskey played a key role in both.

I'm surprised people still need convincing how massively important a player Heskey is to England.

Absolutely - heskey is one of those player that just bring balance. HOWEVER...other than Rooney, BZ has been the most consistent english forward this season and should be given a chance. After all, proof was tonight that played in the right position, he can really be effective

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Germany 1 - 5 England
Croatia 1 - 5 England

Croatia 1-4 England. :thumbsup: (Unless you meant the Wembley game and put the teams the wrong way around?)

I understand what everyone says about the importance of Heskey in the side's makeup and getting the most out of the players around him but, frankly, I think Zamora does the same sort of role for the team but he's a better individual who scores goals and who, first and foremost, plays EVERY game for his club side. I would also say that Carlton Cole deserves a mention before Heskey, and Darren Bent has scored how many this season?

Personally, I would rather Heskey didn't go but I wouldn't be suprised if he did and atleast if he did go, you know he's going to sweat blood for the cause.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
If Zamora goes to to the World Cup I will be £30 up, as I bet three people in the pub that he would go.

.....and no i'm not extending the bet any further.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Hope !!

After another great performance tonight he must be a live contender to wear the three lions.After Rooney there cannot be many English strikers on this sort of form. Ok you can say Crouch and Defoe are worthy but Zamora is a different option,he is such a great TEAM player and has always delivered under good managers!

I hope he goes. Best substitute you can get. The LESS hype the better. Bobby Z works bests when the opposition forgets how dangerous he is!

Z is better than that Heskey faggot. Better than Long Crouch as well. Alan Johnson ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here