Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zakora's dive

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
MOst on here know I have a soft spot for Sours but Zokora's dive for the penalty was disgusting. I really think that players that cheat ( and get found out through television etc should get an automatic 3 game ban. I bet within 1 weekend of the introduction of such a thing all this diving and cheating would stop.:nono: :nono: :nono:

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
A dubious decions/diving panel should be introduced and camera footafge should be used to eliminate diving etc from the game.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Diabolical.

The ref was well placed to see and it was OBVIOUS that Mendes withdrew his leg.

Everyone moans about this stuff but the FA haven't got the bottle to sort it out - what's the problem with reviewing things on a Monday morning and doling out bans where appropriate.

They should also stop moaning at players like Wayne Rooney for swearing at the ref - just sort it out. If he (and others like him) started getting a few red cards (as any player SHOULD do if he calls the ref a f***ing ****!) then it would soon stop - but again, the FA haven't got the NERVE to do it.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
This is not the first time he has done it either a few weeks ago a spurs fan called in on five live saying he was disgusted with the actions of Zakora who was throwing himself all over the place at even the slightest glimpse of a challenge. Instead of wasting time worrying about Barton flashing his arse the FA should get on with dishing out lengthy bans to serial divers!!

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
it is a shame he has got it in his game because he is a fantastic player and IMHO much better than Carrick. He has everything. Pace, Power, Vision, Tackling ability and a good passer.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just seen it - beggars belief that, he should get a 5-match ban

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Of course it was obvious.

But equally, it was hilarious, as it was against Portsmouth.

Bung that one, Redknapp :lolol:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
B.M.F said:
it is a shame he has got it in his game because he is a fantastic player and IMHO much better than Carrick. He has everything. Pace, Power, Vision, Tackling ability and a good passer.

I agree ... been one of the few bright spots of a hitherto crappy season. However, although I haven't yet seen the incident, I do agree with the whole retrospective banning thing; it's done for elbowing off the ball, stamping, gestures etc ... so why not for cheating? It seriously undermines the extent to which the FA take cheating seriously as a problem in the game. If they had any collective bollocks, they'd be dealing with this kind of thing already.

However ... as it's Redknapp on the receiving end, it's also quite funny.

:)

Last edited:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
B.M.F said:
MOst on here know I have a soft spot for Sours but Zokora's dive for the penalty was disgusting. I really think that players that cheat ( and get found out through television etc should get an automatic 3 game ban. I bet within 1 weekend of the introduction of such a thing all this diving and cheating would stop.:nono: :nono: :nono:

Sours, is that an affectionate term for them? ;)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I think that's the third blatant/awful dive he's taken since signing for Spurs. Something needs to be done.

It is a shame as he's a class player, hopefully he can do a Drogba.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I think we should deduct points instead of banning players. That way Chairman / managers would ensure that their players did not do it.

Hoggy

Controversial!
Sep 28, 2006
BN1
at the end of the day it is worse than hitting a player in terms of the outcome of the match!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
They really have to do something to stamp out this f***ing awful habit of diving all over the place to win penalties and free kicks, or to get an opposition player in trouble, which is ruining so many games.

Zokora is just another example of a talented player blatantly cheating to ultimately affect the outcome of a match.

Last edited:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
clearly a 9.5

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here