Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zahahahaha set for Man Utd for 8 rising to 12 million

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I'd be AMAZED if somebody would pay FIFTEEN MILLION and then loan him back. Why would you do that?

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
I'd be AMAZED if somebody would pay FIFTEEN MILLION and then loan him back. Why would you do that?

I suspect if its true (and I still think its not) the reason would be cheaper getting him now then buyign him off a prem club next year.

To give a bit more thinking to this as well, I suspect that the longer the window goes on without him being sold then the higher Wilf's value will become. As more and more of the big spenders' deals for other players fall through then the more desperate they are to show their fans they've made a big purchase. With a player like Wilf who already has an England cap and over 100 first team caps under his belt and 4 years left on his contract with a club not desperate to sell him then a bidding war could easily take place. I suspect thats why Fergie is offering 12mill, loan players and other assorted goodies now and trying to snag him away then risk it becoming a shoot out.

Last edited:

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Palace are the kings of moving the goalposts

1, Brighton are shit, they'll go straight back down
2, ok 2nd half of season they'll sink and go down

Now it's

3, second season syndrome's gonna get you!

Which has made Palace fans look stupid yet again. What next, 3rd season syndrome?

I'm not sure I've seen any (sensible) Palace fans saying that - most knew you'd be highly competitive at this level.

On the other hand all the threads on here at the start of the season saying our squad was paper thin and we'd be relegation CERTS. Plus the thread saying we were no longer worthy to be your rivals.

Who looks very stupid now?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sorry mate, I can't hear you, can you shout a little louder from 10 points away?

Enjoy it while it lasts. Our long term prospects make yours look incredibly depressing in comparison.

Which one of the 8 are you by the way?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm not sure I've seen any (sensible) Palace fans saying that - most knew you'd be highly competitive at this level.

On the other hand all the threads on here at the start of the season saying our squad was paper thin and we'd be relegation CERTS. Plus the thread saying we were no longer worthy to be your rivals.

Who looks very stupid now?

Pretty much every single Palace poster in the Away End BBS, that's who.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Oh well everyone has a price Titanic. And everyone knows your club is desperate for cash after signing all those ex champions league players and spending so much on your ground and training ground... :)

hahahaha....funny boy, is that you in your avatar picture, you should of had the salad kiddo

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
hahahaha....funny boy, is that you in your avatar picture, you should of had the salad kiddo

Yes yes thats me because we all know that people put real pictures of themselves in their avatar. Now female chucky, please let me know just how much self esteem you've managed to amass playing cricket in your green bikini in front of all those men :)

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I suspect if its true (and I still think its not) the reason would be cheaper getting him now then buyign him off a prem club next year.

To give a bit more thinking to this as well, I suspect that the longer the window goes on without him being sold then the higher Wilf's value will become. As more and more of the big spenders' deals for other players fall through then the more desperate they are to show their fans they've made a big purchase. With a player like Wilf who already has an England cap and over 100 first team caps under his belt and 4 years left on his contract with a club not desperate to sell him then a bidding war could easily take place. I suspect thats why Fergie is offering 12mill, loan players and other assorted goodies now and trying to snag him away then risk it becoming a shoot out.

How many loan players and of what quality do you think you'll get out of this deal? Seriously. I'd be interested to see if you got any (as I see it you don't really need them?).

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

Rubbish, the longer the window goes on the more your board are going to get nervous KNOWING that they need to sell to get much needed funds in. They will end up taking what they are offered. Thats the true picture, dont be fooled by BBS.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Yes yes thats me because we all know that people put real pictures of themselves in their avatar. Now female chucky, please let me know just how much self esteem you've managed to amass playing cricket in your green bikini in front of all those men :)

Ive had a boob job since then, looking great now.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Bollocks mate. Just because a newspaper says we're cashstrapped doesn't mean we are. Yes we're making losses, just like you guys are and if we don't go up then we will have to sell Wilf and I suspect one or two others as well. however, much more worthwhile to us is to get to the premiership. Are all of these prem clubs not going to be knoking because its 5 months later?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Ah, you must be one of those Plastics that we hear so much about. Is that from you Liverpool scrapbook ?

That's in every BRIGHTON fans scrapbook and so it should be. As is the picture of that nice French footballer from Manchester United who sorted out one of your horrible racist supporters. That particular picture is interesting as there are so many Manchester fans in your support. Perhaps you were their 'second' team, how sweet!

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
That's in every BRIGHTON fans scrapbook and so it should be. As is the picture of that nice French footballer from Manchester United who sorted out one of your horrible racist supporters. That particular picture is interesting as there are so many Manchester fans in your support. Perhaps you were their 'second' team, how sweet!

matthew Simmons, that bloke who was actually a Fulham fan? That guy?
Friends Of Fulham - famous fans others

I'm adding extra evidence of this...including his own twitter :)

Twitter
| The Sun |Sport|Football

Never knew Brighton had such a rivalry with Fulham :)

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

well you wouldnt. thats your point of course. the loan back is a way to sweeten a cheaper deal.

Bollocks mate. Just because a newspaper says we're cashstrapped doesn't mean we are.

your chairman has said you are. and the owners haven't put any money in. and you get poor/average gates. apart from that, its just newspaper speculation.

Jan 31, 2012

I bet it is, confirmed Plastics. 'nice french footballer'.............sounds like you fancy him. As for racist fans, I think you might need to look a little closer to home.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
your chairman has said you are. and the owners haven't put any money in. and you get poor/average gates. apart from that, its just newspaper speculation.[/QUOTE]

I wont get too drawn into gates and stuff (thats for other people), but our gates over the last 20 years have averaged about 14000 to 17000 (taken the 1 prem season out), this season we are on about 16000 so as a average goes there are pretty average for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here