Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zaha

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
What a f*cked up parent that poor kid has. He worries about 5 year olds being taught homosexual sex education - and I don't believe that for one minute that 5 year olds are taught that - but he's happy for a 5 year old to play 18 certificate games and watch violent films.

Eaglesdestroyeaglets indeed.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Yes I am the original bad parent. When people comment on how well behaved my children are and their politeness I think if only they knew.

I let him watch most tv/films within reason, if he he see's someone get punched on tv he does not then go and punch someone else, but who knows he may have been taught gow to behave not just by not watching the right tv.

Joined this late but without just putting in boot as you are pAlace but you are a bad parent letting your kid down . Shame on you .

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
What a f*cked up parent that poor kid has. He worries about 5 year olds being taught homosexual sex education - and I don't believe that for one minute that 5 year olds are taught that - but he's happy for a 5 year old to play 18 certificate games and watch violent films.

Eaglesdestroyeaglets indeed.

Lol, I would much rather my son play a war game than learn about two men doing things to each other. One is what all boys play when they are young, the other is unnatural.

He was to be taught sex education that included same sex relationships, I never let him learn either.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Joined this late but without just putting in boot as you are pAlace but you are a bad parent letting your kid down . Shame on you .

SO you're children have never seen someone get punched on tv? no of course not.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I can't work out who you are aiming your post at....certainly not me.

It wasn't aimed at anyone in particular. I'm just a bit embarrassed by this desperation we seem to have on this board of finding things to berate Palace for. It's fine to beat them with sticks that actually hurt but getting all excited over their former player not being picked by his new club is a bit weak, that's all.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Call of duty is a war game, little boys play war. The new way is just more advanced than running around with a plastic gun pretending to shoot people and falling down if we had been shot.
I don't know what age I was when my friends and I pretended to shoot each other, but it was a lot less graphic than CoD. And I think the way we bring children up is better now than it was when we were kids - we understand that beating kids with a belt isn't the best education.

You're children
No we're not :facepalm:
I am sure have never heard a swearword, never seen a fight(tv), someone get killed(tv) and are generally kept in a bubble. I would love the idyllic countryside lifestyle but South London is not like that and they are not only taught respect and discipline but also about life.
I do try to keep my children in a bit of a bubble, yes. They don't hear much swearing (I actually got some feedback from a teaching assistant last week that if my daughter was heard saying 'scum' again, she'd have to go to see the headmaster. She was of course, talking about Crystal Palace.) and no my kids haven't ever seen anyone get killed. I appreciate that the area you live in (slum) can make it difficult to protect their innocence as much as you'd like, but there's a difference between that and choosing to let them see adult films and play adult games. Of course children need to learn about life as they grow up, but they really don't need to be streetwise at the age of 5.

My sons school may agree with you about the COD but they are the same people who wanted to teach him heterosexual and homosexual sex education, I know what I think is more confusing for a young mind.
Lol, I would much rather my son play a war game than learn about two men doing things to each other.
You're telling us that your school want to teach your 5 year old about the details of what two gay men do to each other? Either your school is ****ed up, or you are.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You're telling us that your school want to teach your 5 year old about the details of what two gay men do to each other? Either your school is ****ed up, or you are.
Isn't it more a case of telling 5 year olds that mummy and daddy being together is the same as mummy and mummy or daddy and daddy ?

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I don't know what age I was when my friends and I pretended to shoot each other, but it was a lot less graphic than CoD. And I think the way we bring children up is better now than it was when we were kids - we understand that beating kids with a belt isn't the best education.

No we're not :facepalm:
I do try to keep my children in a bit of a bubble, yes. They don't hear much swearing (I actually got some feedback from a teaching assistant last week that if my daughter was heard saying 'scum' again, she'd have to go to see the headmaster. She was of course, talking about Crystal Palace.) and no my kids haven't ever seen anyone get killed. I appreciate that the area you live in (slum) can make it difficult to protect their innocence as much as you'd like, but there's a difference between that and choosing to let them see adult films and play adult games. Of course children need to learn about life as they grow up, but they really don't need to be streetwise at the age of 5.

My son does not and would not refer to anybody in a derogatory way but yet you try to preach parenting to me you moron.
When I refered to them seeing people killed, it happens on soaps and plenty of pg films. Cowboy films, war films etc
To say that children are brought up better now is utter bollocks, thats why there are so many little shites running around being disrespectful and generallly causing havic is there.
The school did want to teach sex education and it was to involve teaching about homosexuality, either way he was not learning about that so I was not interested in the finer details.

I honestly live a few doors down from the mother of Rio Ferdinand and I can assure you we do not live in a slum, in fact I could almost guarantee that my house is worth at least twice that of yours. So if I live in a slum, I hate to think what that would make yours

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Isn't it more a case of telling 5 year olds that mummy and daddy being together is the same as mummy and mummy or daddy and daddy ?
Probably, but that's not what Eagles said.

My son does not and would not refer to anybody in a derogatory way but yet you try to preach parenting to me you moron.
Like you said, kids pick things up at football games. And they didn't refer to a person in a derogatory way, they were referring to a football team. And your son has never been derogatory about anyone? Yeah right.

To say that children are brought up better now is utter bollocks, thats why there are so many little shites running around being disrespectful and generallly causing havic is there.
Whilst I don't generally understand you, there were little shits being disrespectful in the old days too, and those that are now probably don't have good parenting. That's not to say that we don't have a better understanding of what makes good parenting now than we did 40 years ago.

I honestly live a few doors down from the mother of Rio Ferdinand and I can assure you we do not live in a slum
I was joking.

in fact I could almost guarantee that my house is worth at least twice that of yours. So if I live in a slum, I hate to think what that would make yours
:lol: you mug.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

probably because of parents like you who think is is okay to let 5 year olds play CoD.

You are a fool if you honestly think this is okay.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
What you have linked to is an out of date study(14 years old) that lets face it you have just plucked of the internet as quite frankly, teacher or not you know sweet F all. There was a study carried out less than a month ago that showed that there is no link between violence in video games and behaviour in children. No doubt you know mor ethan that Doctor. At the end of the day you may be an expert in educating children and maybe in a childs development, but as for the psychology stuff, you are going above you're pay grade and linking to out of date ideas. The same Dr has since said that video games are have educational benefits and that violent games MIGHT fuel aggression in children.

probably because of parents like you who think is is okay to let 5 year olds play CoD.

You are a fool if you honestly think this is okay.

You forgot to respond to my other post in response to yours, which leads me to the conclusion I was right and you have nothing of any substance to add apart from pulling thing of the internet that the author himself has since found not to be totally true.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Probably, but that's not what Eagles said.

Like you said, kids pick things up at football games. And they didn't refer to a person in a derogatory way, they were referring to a football team. And your son has never been derogatory about anyone? Yeah right.

Whilst I don't generally understand you, there were little shits being disrespectful in the old days too, and those that are now probably don't have good parenting. That's not to say that we don't have a better understanding of what makes good parenting now than we did 40 years ago.

I was joking.

:lol: you mug.

The worst he has ever said about another child is he does not like them and his teacher told him that was not nice. He once said dogshit but I have no idea where he heard that as I have not said it and we do not have a dog.
As for the "you mug" comment, hmmm I wonder where your child learns to be insulting, yet I am the bad parent :facepalm:

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
When I refered to them seeing people killed, it happens on soaps and plenty of pg films. Cowboy films, war films etc
The school did want to teach sex education and it was to involve teaching about homosexuality, either way he was not learning about that so I was not interested in the finer details.

I honestly live a few doors down from the mother of Rio Ferdinand and I can assure you we do not live in a slum, in fact I could almost guarantee that my house is worth at least twice that of yours. So if I live in a slum, I hate to think what that would make yours

The same houses in London which are artificially inflated due to a growing housing bubble AND that London's cost of living is higher than elsewhere in the UK?

You can keep thinking your house is genuinely worth more thought, just negate facts.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The worst he has ever said about another child is he does not like them and his teacher told him that was not nice.
You're not privy to every comment your child makes, there's no way you could be sure he's never referred to anybody in a derogatory way. And given that he watches adult films and plays CoD, I think it's highly unlikely he hasn't.

As for the "you mug" comment, hmmm I wonder where your child learns to be insulting, yet I am the bad parent :facepalm:
So you've never gone so far as to call someone a mug? Obviously you have insulted people before, so your point is ridiculous. My daughter isn't reading this forum, but you think me calling you a mug is bad for her, whereas your child is perfect, despite being exposed to adult films and games. You're making no sense at all.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
What you have linked to is an out of date study(14 years old) that lets face it you have just plucked of the internet as quite frankly, teacher or not you know sweet F all. There was a study carried out less than a month ago that showed that there is no link between violence in video games and behaviour in children. No doubt you know mor ethan that Doctor. At the end of the day you may be an expert in educating children and maybe in a childs development, but as for the psychology stuff, you are going above you're pay grade and linking to out of date ideas. The same Dr has since said that video games are have educational benefits and that violent games MIGHT fuel aggression in children.

Sorry to tell you mate but this is right in the middle of my expertise and well within my pay grade. I am glad to hear that you have done a research on this although I must say I doubt that what you have read refers to children as young as your boy (I note you don't include a link). You will notice that most studies do not involve children as young as your child.

Computer games do have many educational benefits and are used in most classrooms, although I don't see any educational benefits of the kind of graphic images contained in CoD. I don't actually believe that video games cause violence in children (of a reasonable age), this is just an easy poor excuse for bad parenting and possible psychological problems and I know that most kids who play CoD are perfectly normal.

What I also know is that a 5 year olds brain is like a sponge and will take in information from it's environment and process it, it learns about life and about how to interact with others from what it sees and the games that it plays. Maybe your child has reasoning powers far superior to other five year olds, maybe seeing and controlling graphic and violent images will not effect his reasoning or brain development, maybe he can filter out the positive message and learning opportunities from the negative.

Maybe you are right, maybe it will have no negative effects on him at all. What surprises me is that you are either so sure of the fact that it is not harmful (how can you be?) that you are willing to take the risk.

As you say children learn a lot from computer games. The question is what is he learning from CoD?

Last edited:

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
You're not privy to every comment your child makes, there's no way you could be sure he's never referred to anybody in a derogatory way. And given that he watches adult films and plays CoD, I think it's highly unlikely he hasn't.

So you've never gone so far as to call someone a mug? Obviously you have insulted people before, so your point is ridiculous. My daughter isn't reading this forum, but you think me calling you a mug is bad for her, whereas your child is perfect, despite being exposed to adult films and games. You're making no sense at all.

If it happened at the school believe me I would know, can you tell me where I have said he watches adult films?

I have called people far worse but never in front of my son, she must have heard the scum comment from someone

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If it happened at the school believe me I would know, can you tell me where I have said he watches adult films?

I have called people far worse but never in front of my son, she must have heard the scum comment from someone

So you don't let him watch adult films?

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Sorry to tell you mate but this is right in the middle of my expertise and well within my pay grade. I am glad to hear that you have done a research on this although I must say I doubt that what you have read refers to children as young as your boy (I note you don't include a link). You will notice that most studies do not involve children as young as your child.Computer games to have many educational benefits and are used in most classrooms, although I don't see any educational benefits of the kind of graphic images contained in CoD. I don't actually believe that video games cause violence in children, this is just an easy poor excuse for bad parenting and possible psychological problems and I know that most kids who play CoD are perfectly normal.

What I also know is that a 5 year olds brain is like a sponge and will take in information from it's environment and process it, it learns about life and about how to interact with others from what it sees and the games that it plays. Maybe your child has reasoning powers far superior to other five year olds, maybe seeing and controlling graphic and violent images will not effect his reasoning or brain development, maybe he can filter out the positive message and learning opportunities from the negative. Maybe you are right, maybe it will have no negative effects on him at all. What surprises me is that you are either so sure of the fact that it is not harmful (how can you be) or that you would be willing to take the risk.

As you say children learn a lot from computer games. The question is what is he learning from CoD?

Mate you are one huge contradiction. I hope you are bullshitting about you're pay grade as I know that anything you said would get pulled apart as you are basically full of shite.

I do not have a link as I read about the most recent study in a paper a few weeks ago, It was conducted in America and involved over 300 children. You have called me a bad parent but yet now say that playing COD would not in itself affect a child. He is not learning anything from COD but he knows he is just playing a game. If the children you teach cannot tell the difference in year one between a game and reality then maybe a better teacher is required(okay that was a little dig). He realises its a game and that is that, I know he will not go and get a gun when he is older and go and do 50 buzzkills(whatever that is).

In fact please tell me exactly what you are qualified in as I may then take what you say more seriously?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here