Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You're poisoned..

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Eek, the Russian government is a bloody scary one and no mistake. Although they've now DENIED poisoning someone - in London - who's criticised Putin a lot. Yeah, right...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6165836.stm

How bad can this thallium stuff be? Worse than Carlsberg brewed in the UK? Or even Carling?!

Last edited:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I thought this was a Alice Cooper song thread... ;) :lol:

(I'm not posting about the russian government for fear of retribution!)

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I believe that journalist Anna Politkovskaya who was eventually shot dead also survived an earlier attempt to poison here, plus that other fella in the Ukraine. The whole place is just a lawless gangland.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
roll on Russia vs England next october, top away day i hope :p

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Man of Harveys said:
Worse than Carlsberg brewed in the UK?

No, I'm sorry, there is NOTHING worse than Carlsberg brewed in the UK.

Well, -canned- Carlsberg brewed in the UK is. I'm still convinced they just gave the UK brewery a licence to the name and not the receipe.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Saw on the news they give him a 50/50 chance of survival.

The chap speaking on his behalf said he looked like a person who had cancer and was undergoing chemo treatement, all his hair had fallen out and he was gaunt.

This isnt the first time a hit like this has occured in England.

The Umbrella Murder of Georgi Markov with Russian co-operation
was back in the 70's.

Markov Murder

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
"On Monday, it emerged that a petrol bomb had been thrown at Mr Litvinenko's London house in October 2004, exploding and damaging the front of the property." :nono:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Re: Re: You're poisoned..

MYOB said:
No, I'm sorry, there is NOTHING worse than Carlsberg brewed in the UK.

Well, -canned- Carlsberg brewed in the UK is. I'm still convinced they just gave the UK brewery a licence to the name and not the receipe.

Although I would normally agree wholeheartedly Carlsberg's Christmas beer that they are selling in Asda is a top notch pint. And at 5.6% it's strictly for grown ups :drink:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Re: Re: Re: You're poisoned..

Rangdo said:
Although I would normally agree wholeheartedly Carlsberg's Christmas beer that they are selling in Asda is a top notch pint. And at 5.6% it's strictly for grown ups :drink:

Is it not brewed in Denmark? Any of the non-general stuff here is imported from Copenhagen, only the standard draught or canned is done in Dundalk; I'd have thought it was the same in the UK.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here