Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"You're only a small town in Dublin"

Apologies if this has been done on here before, but here is my guess on Albion's best ever line-up of Irishmen.

Brian MCKENNA (GK);
Joe KINNEAR (RB), Gary O'REILLY (CB), Mark LAWRENSON (CB), Sammy NELSON (LB);
Danny WILSON (RM), Tony GREALISH (CM), Mark YEATES (LM);
Steve PENNEY (F), Michael ROBINSON (F), Gerry RYAN (F)

Bench: Mikey O'KUIPERS (GK), Paul MCCARTHY (CB), Kieran O'REGAN (RB, CM), Gerry ARMSTRONG (F), John BYRNE (F).

Manager: Charlie WEBB, Assistant manager Liam BRADY

All glaring errors and obvious omissions gratefully received - please expose to me to the harshest ridicule.

A mix of northerners, southerners and plastics here. Obviously biased towards the last 20 years because I haven't a clue before that. Bit weak on the goalkeeping front, and I'd be looking to put on my reserve goalie ASAP when no one is looking. Some of you may doubt his Irish qualification but a bloke down the pub swears to me he is an Orangeman.

Apart from that, I reckon it would give Albion's all-time English line-up a good scare.

Is it possible to compile an all-Welsh (Young, Saunders, Nogan???) and all-Scottish Albion team to stage an Albion Home International championship?

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Not having sen Joe Kinnear I would have Kieran O'Regan at right back and Gary Howlett must deserve a place on the bench.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Irvine MUST be in the starting line-up, Howlett on the bench, and what about a place for Sammy Morgan?

How can you call yourself a Brighton fan and forget Irvine and Morgan? Fairweather fan, johnny-come-lately, where-were-you-at-Gillingham etc etc etc *snore*

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brian McKenna

:lolol:

1 game, 4 goals conceded....

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Joe Kinnear was an excellent full back.

He was in the team when I started watching the Albion along with Phil Beale in midfield.

In fact at one time we must have had a tie up with Spurs, because we also had Martin Chivers playing for us.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
it would be interesting to come up with a golden oldies 11. Players who were past their prime when with us but were one of the best in their time. A few I can think of are Corrigan
Stapleton
Worthington
Sammy nelson

SM BHAFC

Jul 10, 2003
North Laine
I find the title of this thread highly offensive and i think I am going to cry and then report it to the Race relations board........ok maybe not

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
London Irish..are you, as your name would suggest, a London Irish fan? Or just an Irishman living in London? My mate plays for London Irish.

Richie Morris said:
London Irish..are you, as your name would suggest, a London Irish fan? Or just an Irishman living in London? My mate plays for London Irish.

You've got my attention! Who?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here