Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You're gonna like this - from Reading site

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Arrogant tossers, in the unlikely event that SC turns them down we should invade their board and take the piss. Childish I know but...

View previous topic :: View next topic
big george

Posted: 02 Oct 2003 12:12 Post subject: polite enquiry?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just wondered how many of you chaps are codemning your chairman for his amazing moral flexibility for poaching coppell?

thought not

take it you'll be forwarding the £400,000 straight to the Withdean

thought not

|

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Anyone? Subscriber (SC)

Location: At Edoras, astride my steed ready to raise my sword in salute to the new manager. URZ!!
Posted: 02 Oct 2003 12:15 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jesus, the first post from a Wet Sham supporter of the day and guess what it's all about?

Yep, poaching!

The difference is that we got permission whereas you didn't get one!

martinrdg

Posted: 02 Oct 2003 12:15 Post subject:

From the reports I've seen, we have approached Brighton and the board agreed to let us speak to him. I have even seen that £100,00 compensation has been agreed.

Pard's Bank Balance

Posted: 02 Oct 2003 12:20 Post subject:

Mr Coppell has a clause in his Brighton contract allowing him to move to a club from a higher division. Which is fine.

Mr Pardew could talk to Premiership club, but thats in the past now.

Spot the difference.

Last edited by Pard's Bank Balance on 02 Oct 2003 12:24, edited 1 time in total

No Hoops
Hob Nob Anyone? Addict

Posted: 02 Oct 2003 12:22 Post subject:

Do all WHU posters wear RTG'S

Sir Ignatias Gnomegroper
Hob Nob Anyone? Addict

Posted: 02 Oct 2003 12:23 Post subject:

SpaceCruiser wrote:
Jesus, the first post from a Wet Sham supporter of the day and guess what it's all about?

Yep, poaching!

And if we had been told no, we'd have said thankyou very much and moved on, NOT like certain other clubs....

David Watts
Hob Nob Anyone? Resident

Posted: 02 Oct 2003 12:27 Post subject:

This is the same 'Big' George who works for the BBC and was touting for Royals fans to appear on his 5 Live show ?

You'd think Hutton would have shoved a huge great firework up the backsides of BBC people and they would have got their act together regarding reporting of facts.

Not had your turn with the Roman Candle yet George ?

Try rereading the histroy and see if you can work out the difference between the way we approach things and the way you do.

mad_Dave

Posted: 02 Oct 2003 12:29 Post subject:

Sir Ignatias Gnomegroper wrote:
SpaceCruiser wrote:

Yep, poaching!

And if we had been told no, we'd have said thankyou very much and
moved on, NOT like certain other clubs....
and we wouldn`t have gone on the tv and said we would have to resort to other means

big george

Posted: 02 Oct 2003 12:54 Post subject:

David Watts wrote:
This is the same 'Big' George who works for the BBC and was touting for Royals fans to appear on his 5 Live show ?

You'd think Hutton would have shoved a huge great firework up the backsides of BBC people and they would have got their act together regarding reporting of facts.

Try rereading the histroy and see if you can work out the difference between the way we approach things and the way you do.

Yes thats me, and also the same guy who decided that we would rather have a rather more eloquent Royal than you on our programme. You were quite miffed from what I remember. He was very good made some excellent points and was a credit to the site and the supporters.

If I can't come onto your site making some valid points without getting a bucket load of bull, I'll leave you be.

Just some thoughts. Do you think any supporter of Brighton, especially those who fought so hard to keep the club going during the dark days, feels any differently than you did when Pardew resigned.

I was uncomfortable with he way the west ham board acted, but at least I haven't had to watch a multi millionaire chairman steal a manager from a club clinging onto its existence by its boots straps, having already trousered four hundred grand in compo.

I used to go and watch Reading quite a lot, one of my best mates is a fan, always met top people when I did. Wonder where those reasonable people have gone.

SpaceCruiser

Location: At Edoras, astride my steed ready to raise my sword in salute to the new manager. URZ!!
Posted: 02 Oct 2003 12:58 Post subject:

big george wrote:
If I can't come onto your site making some valid points without getting a bucket load of bull, I'll leave you be.

But you didn't make any valid points - you practically accused us of poaching!

As for the Brighton fans, well, yes we have got to feel sorry for them. But what can they do if their chairman allows the manager to speak to Reading - apparently this is because of a clause in the contract. What can they do about that?

The Wet Sham and Reading thing is different because Mr Mad had every right to deny permission.

That is not a load of bull.

the_gorilla
Hob Nob Anyone? Regular

Posted: 02 Oct 2003 12:58 Post subject:

You appear to have ignored every single reply to your previous post.

SpaceCruiser

Posted: 02 Oct 2003 13:00 Post subject:

Gorilla, I hope that was to little Dave, not me!

mad_Dave

Posted: 02 Oct 2003 13:01 Post subject:

if you think we`ve abused you I think you should get out more mate

papereyes
Hob Nob Anyone? Resident

There is a difference, and I think I'm going to be repeating whatevery body else has said.

Reading were approached by West Ham and were told they couldn't speak to Pardew. This was a result of a contract in Pardew's contract saying that he could only be approached by Premiership clubs. As we all know, West ham are no longer one of these clubs. West Ham approached for a second time, Reading refused permission to talk and Pardew resigned. In all this, Brooking was also quoted as saying 'he would resort to other means' and rumours of Pardew being tapped up were about. Remember, West Ham could not approach pardew.

Steve Coppell has a similar clause in his contract saying he can talk to higher division clubs. So does Peter Taylor. Both have been contacted and both given permission to speak to Reading by their clubs.

What West Ham did was deliberately unsettle Pardew by approaching a second time when they knew what the answer from Reading FC was. Also, there are allegation of tapping up.

I don't see why you think Reading are being hypocritical. They are working within the book. West Ham really did not appear to be.

the_gorilla
Hob Nob Anyone? Regular

SpaceCruiser wrote:
Gorilla, I hope that was to little Dave, not me!

Damn you and your nimble fingers.

View previous topic :: View next topic
Royal Lady
Hob Nob Anyone? Resident

Posted: 02 Oct 2003 13:03 Post subject:

From what I've heard of David Watts on TV and radio interviews he is rather eloquent. big George, if you want another Royals fan to interview, ask for TBM aka The Big Man - he's a mumbler.

big george

Posted: 02 Oct 2003 13:08 Post subject:

papereyes wrote:
There is a difference, and I think I'm going to be repeating whatevery body else has said.

Reading were approached by West Ham and were told they couldn't speak to Pardew. This was a result of a contract in Pardew's contract saying that he could only be approached by Premiership clubs. As we all know, West ham are no longer one of these clubs. West Ham approached for a second time, Reading refused permission to talk and Pardew resigned. In all this, Brooking was also quoted as saying 'he would resort to other means' and rumours of Pardew being tapped up were about. Remember, West Ham could not approach pardew.

Steve Coppell has a similar clause in his contract saying he can talk to higher division clubs. So does Peter Taylor. Both have been contacted and both given permission to speak to Reading by their clubs.

What West Ham did was deliberately unsettle Pardew by approaching a second time when they knew what the answer from Reading FC was. Also, there are allegation of tapping up.

I don't see why you think Reading are being hypocritical. They are working within the book. West Ham really did not appear to be.

I understand the technical point you're making, but Brighton fans don't want to lose Coppell any more than you wanted to lose Pardew.

As regards unsettling Pardew, it was Madjeski who went public with the news that we had made an approach, something even your chairman acknowledged.

After the McGhee debacle he wanted to be seen as tough this time. Trouble is, when you get up on a moral high horse, you had better make sure that horse ain't lame..

Till I Die
Hob Nob Anyone? Regular

Posted: 02 Oct 2003 13:08 Post subject: Big George

Big George. Do you understand that Mr Madejski has acted with dignity and has already stated he would not 'poach' like West Ham.
He will ask a chairman position to speak to his manager if a manager that interests Reading is under contract. If the chairman says no then that will be the end of it.

The fact is Dick Knight cannot refuse permission because there is a clause Copell's contract allowing him to leave for a club in a higher division or for a bigger club.
Why come on other clubs' sites to talk a load of crap?
Brighton are Division2 and average crowds of under 7000.
Our average was 16000 last season and we would look to improve that by another 2000 this season and be fighting for promotion to the Premier League. Somewhere I hope West Ham fail to get to you cheating ba8tards
Brighton fans I'm sure will understand considering any move is totally legal. Big George you are not very bright

SpaceCruiser

Posted: 02 Oct 2003 13:09 Post subject:

papereyes wrote:

A minor point. We don't know whether Peter Taylor had a clause in his contract, but the chairman of Hull denied permission. There was no second approach. That's one of the differences in the behaviour of the two clubs.

Last edited by SpaceCruiser on 02 Oct 2003 13:11, edited 1 time in total

big george

Posted: 02 Oct 2003 13:11 Post subject:

Royal Lady wrote:
From what I've heard of David Watts on TV and radio interviews he is rather eloquent. big George, if you want another Royals fan to interview, ask for TBM aka The Big Man - he's a mumbler.

bloody hell jo, not you as well....

Just said the guy we used was more eloquent.

the_gorilla
Hob Nob Anyone? Regular

Posted: 02 Oct 2003 13:13 Post subject:

big george wrote:

I understand the technical point you're making, but Brighton fans don't want to lose Coppell any more than you wanted to lose Pardew.

Very true, but if a club in a higher division had come in for him, we'd have tried to keep him and wished him well. Why would we have any reason for ill feeling.

Is this all going over your head or something?

Pin the tail on the Rougi

Posted: 02 Oct 2003 13:15 Post subject:

I can see both sides of this argument....

YES - Mr Mad has acted ethically in the way he has approached people via their Chairman, and has backed off when turned down....

and

YES - It must be frustrating for Brighton fans to see their manager move away to a bigger club....

BUT - Are West Ham a bigger club, then? Same division, just happen to have a more glorious (but shorter) history, and a bigger ground. But the crux of this argumant is whether this season they are a bigger club than the Royals. I'd argue with that, but Reading are undoubtedly bigger than Brighton this season - QED.

tommyf
Hob Nob Anyone? Regular

Location: Lost in Jordans Cleavage - help I'm a royal, get me out of here!
Posted: 02 Oct 2003 13:16 Post subject:

papereyes wrote:
We don't know if Peter Taylor does or not. All we do know is that Reading asked permission to talk to Peter Taylor, the board at Hull turned down that request (after talking to Peter, so he may have a clause) and Reading basically went "oh, ok then we'll look elsewhere" - slightly different than broadcasting to the nation that 'there are other methods' and making a second approach (oh please let me talk to your manager, oh pretty please).

I think the difference is that Reading don't look quite as pathetic in the way they do business.

big george

Posted: 02 Oct 2003 13:18 Post subject: Re: Big George

Till I Die wrote:
Big George. Do you understand that Mr Madejski has acted with dignity and has already stated he would not 'poach' like West Ham.
He will ask a chairman position to speak to his manager if a manager that interests Reading is under contract. If the chairman says no then that will be the end of it.

The fact is Dick Knight cannot refuse permission because there is a clause Copell's contract allowing him to leave for a club in a higher division or for a bigger club.
Why come on other clubs' sites to talk a load of crap?
Brighton are Division2 and average crowds of under 7000.
Our average was 16000 last season and we would look to improve that by another 2000 this season and be fighting for promotion to the Premier League. Somewhere I hope West Ham fail to get to you cheating ba8tards
Brighton fans I'm sure will understand considering any move is totally legal. Big George you are not very bright

thanks for that, when you start comparing attendances you are on slightly dodgy ground. Maybe thats why Pardew decided to walk.

I'm sure in your own mind you are right.

Good luck and I'll see you chaps at the Madjeski next year. xxx

Till I Die
Hob Nob Anyone? Regular

Posted: 02 Oct 2003 13:25 Post subject: Big Geoge

When comparing the size of clubs it isn't just based on 'history or your 'illustrious' history at you cocky West Ham. It is about the present and considoring West Ham are bringing in double the attendances Reading are that is one of the ways that you can judge at present who is the bigger.

HoopDoggyDog

Posted: 02 Oct 2003 13:26 Post subject:

Can't believe you used the "some of my best mates are Reading fans" line Mr George... you nerd.

(sorry it's taken me so long to reply and so now my reply is fairly irrelevant)

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Anyone? Resident

big george wrote:
David Watts wrote:

If I can't come onto your site making some valid points ....

We're waiting!

Give me 'They think it's all over' anyday!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Anyone? Resident

See you later "Big" George - how we laugh in the office about that name!!

Platypuss
Hob Nob Anyone? Subscriber (Platypuss)

Posted: 02 Oct 2003 13:34 Post subject:

big george wrote:
I used to go and watch Reading quite a lot, one of my best mates is a fan, always met top people when I did. Wonder where those reasonable people have gone.

If they've got any sense, avoiding you, you tendentious gobshite.

Till I Die
Hob Nob Anyone? Regular

Posted: 02 Oct 2003 13:36 Post subject:

Oh and ig George.
If comparing attendances doesn't mean anything I don't suppose the 20000 that turned up on Tuesday to watch Hull play Swansea means nothing!

Back to t

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Anyone? Resident

Posted: 02 Oct 2003 13:37 Post subject:

big george wrote:

As regards unsettling Pardew, it was Madjeski who went public with the news that we had made an approach, something even your chairman acknowledged.

Where did he acknowledge that? You claim to be in the media, so perhaps you can explain how some of the tabloids announced that WHU would be approaching Reading for permission to speak to Parjudas the day that they actually did so? i.e. long before our website announced we had told you to p*ss off, a directive that Brooking then announced he would find a way around.

Perhaps you could also explain why the bookies were absolutely convinced that someone from WHU had leaked the fact that Parjudas was their favoured candidate long before Brooking and co bothered to approach RFC for permission to talk to Parjudas.

The biggest disappointment about the out of court settlement is that WHU will not now be declared guilty in the eyes of the world (even though many in the game seem to believe they did act against the spirit of the rules) unless your Chairman now does the dirty on Parjudas and he retaliates by blowing the whistle.

Wise crooks avoid returning to the scene of the crime but Wet Scammers not only seem to relish returning but also drawing as much attention as possible to themselves when they do!

David Watts
Hob Nob Anyone? Resident

Posted: 02 Oct 2003 13:38 Post subject:

big george wrote:

Yes thats me, and also the same guy who decided that we would rather have a rather more eloquent Royal than you on our programme. You were quite miffed from what I remember. He was very good made some excellent points and was a credit to the site and the supporters.

The Gilligan school is still in the job then....
You presumably refer to my PM saying 'your loss' when you said you had someone else doing it ? Not miffed, just tongue in cheek ! Waking up at 7 to talk on 5 Live is hardly something I lie awake dreaming of.
No idea about the eloquence, we had a decent chat and other producers seem happy to use me....

big george wrote:

If I can't come onto your site making some valid points without getting a bucket load of bull, I'll leave you be..

Feel free, when do we expect the first one ?
Leaving us be would work fine if you can't contribute anything more eloquent.....

big george wrote:

Just some thoughts. Do you think any supporter of Brighton, especially those who fought so hard to keep the club going during the dark days, feels any differently than you did when Pardew resigned. .

I can't imagine they would be happy to see him go.
As you well know it wasn't the fact that Pardew went that got us annoyed it was the way it was done.
We've done it the right way, Coppell has had his permission to talk to us and we have agreed compensation. All without the involvement of the court.

Football is not a charity, but we are doing things right. We are not stealing a manager, any more than you signing Connelly from Wimbledon was stealing him (despite the fact that Wimbledon are in a much worse state than Brighton, and despite the fact that you buying him meant they lost £250k)
I assume you condemn your board for their cynical expoitation of the fire sale at Wimbledon ? Afetr all you had just pocketed millions from the sale of some of your players to Chelsea....

As for you getting all self righteous, well we've put up with a lot from the HAmmers. We've given a bit of stick but many of us have also taken the trouble to try and give some reasonable (from our point of view) answers. Your post was provocative to say the least and you can hardly be surprised you got some lively answers.
If you want to debate it on air I'm game.

I think you'll find I can argue my corner.....

Yours in a mumbling, tongue tied fashion....

I was uncomfortable with he way the west ham board acted, but at least I haven't had to watch a multi millionaire chairman steal a manager from a club clinging onto its existence by its boots straps, having already trousered four hundred grand in compo.

I used to go and watch Reading quite a lot, one of my best mates is a fan, always met top people when I did. Wonder where those reasonable people have gone

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Anyone? Resident

Posted: 02 Oct 2003 13:41 Post subject:

say what you mean PP.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Anyone? Addict

Posted: 02 Oct 2003 13:48 Post subject:

big george wrote:

I think I am reasonable. Always friendly and have only ever had two fights in my career, one when 10 and one when 12 - both of which were not instigated by myself.

I have an open, fair mind and look at all footballing and RFC issues from a top down perspective. Basically, I'm skill.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Anyone? Resident

Posted: 02 Oct 2003 13:49 Post subject:

big george wrote:
papereyes wrote:

After the McGhee debacle he wanted to be seen as tough this time. Trouble is, when you get up on a moral high horse, you had better make sure that horse ain't lame..

Do you mean that? you actually understand the basis of all our complaints about the way Alan Pardew left this club?

Calling it a technical point is like saying Maradonna's "hand of God" was rightly ignored all those years ago.

No one wants to see a good manager leaving their club, but had Pardew left within the terms of his contract, by going to a Premiership side, he would have left with our best wishes, and none of these bad feelings would have arisen, even though we would still have been gutted to see him go.

I do have sympathy for Brighton fans, but like Pardew, Coppell obviously wanted to be free to go to a higher division club..................at least their man is so far sticking to the contract he signed.

exile
Hob Nob Anyone? Regular

Posted: 02 Oct 2003 14:26 Post subject:

Everyone else has said everything already... but...

Reading are NOT poaching. The club approached other clubs (where necessary) in the correct manner. Brighton & Hove Albion gave permission for RFC to talk to Steve Coppell and Steve Coppell obvioiusly wanted to talk to RFC. All above board and now, all out in the public domain.

Reading approached Hull City also. And again, in the correct, procedural manner. The board there reportedly put the notion to Peter Taylor who didn't want to talk to RFC. This too became public knowledge (Hull City press release) and RFC didn't pursue the matter any further.

Of course the B&HA supporters will be upset if SC does come to Reading, but he isn't being poached.

Royal with Cheese
Hob Nob Anyone? Subscriber (with cheese)

Posted: 02 Oct 2003 14:51 Post subject:

What a load of complete wànk.

Royal We
Hob Nob Anyone? Regular

Posted: 02 Oct 2003 14:53 Post subject:

Royal with Cheese wrote:
What a load of complete wànk.

I trust you're referring to "big Boy" George and not what Exile wrote. I thought Exile summed it up quite neatly.

TPFKA 2-0
Hob Nob Anyone? Resident

Posted: 02 Oct 2003 14:58 Post subject:

If Coppell comes here we will leave Brighton in the same boat that we are now.

Pot and kettle, regardless of wether we asked permission or not. Coppell will now be compromised at Brighton.

Still soon we will know, or not.

Nezhen
Hob Nob Anyone? Regular

Posted: 02 Oct 2003 15:27 Post subject:

I wonder what Jo Sale thinks about all this ?

Royal Tenenbaum
Hob Nob Anyone? Regular

Posted: 02 Oct 2003 15:33 Post subject:

big george wrote:
Just some thoughts. Do you think any supporter of Brighton, especially those who fought so hard to keep the club going during the dark days, feels any differently than you did when Pardew resigned.
I can't speak for the Brighton fans, But if a team in a higher division had come in for Alan Pardew and our board of directors had allowed him to speak with them according to the terms of his contract I would wish Alan Pardew all the best and shake his hand.

That scenario is exactly the same as the one at Brighton, Perhaps a better question would be to ask Brighton fans if they'd harbour a greater grudge against Coppel if he was to resign because he wanted to manage QPR.

Tredder10
Hob Nob Anyone? Resident

Location: Crown Court - Solicitor For SpaceCruiser defending allegations of Canine Buggary made against him
Posted: 02 Oct 2003 15:38 Post subject:

How obscure, they would shake his hand pat him on the back and say good luck.

that's the same scenario.

David Watts
Hob Nob Anyone? Resident

Posted: 02 Oct 2003 15:50 Post subject:

You would never get a Brighton fan to concede QPR are a bigger club !

And quite right too.

Reading - now there is no question about us being bigger than either of them

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
I am not in that thread, by the way...

Don't think they're being that unreasonable on the whole though... some things are wild and stupid but most of it is pretty reasoned debate.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
You'll find that most Reading fans sympathise with Brighton fans if Coppell is to leave. After having it happen to ourselves, we know how it feels...

West Ham gave us none, so we know how to react properly... though I imagine there will be one or two that don't like Brighton, but very few.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Apart from the continual

"One that is not in doubt is that we are a bigger club that Brighton"

and

"Steve Coppell has a clause in his contract" shit

The latter of which is totally untrue, and just used to justify Madtwats actions.

Papa

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wilts said:
You'll find that most Reading fans sympathise with Brighton fans if Coppell is to leave. After having it happen to ourselves, we know how it feels...

West Ham gave us none, so we know how to react properly... though I imagine there will be one or two that don't like Brighton, but very few.

I don't want sympathy from such a BIG club just want to keep our
manager, who nobody else wanted when we took him on :angry:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
it's nice to hear that such a BIG club as Reading are aware that there are smaller clubs in the lower divisions though. It can be so isolating spending all those years in the 1st Division / Premiership eh ?

Papa

****s

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Icy Gull said:
I don't want sympathy from such a BIG club just want to keep our
manager, who nobody else wanted when we took him on :angry:

Its not a "looking down" sympathy. I think Reading fans realise that our clubs are of similar size except that one has a lot more fortune than the other, hence the sympathy. In an ideal world we'd be decent sized clubs both playing in front of 20,000+ in the top of the First Division... but one club has plenty of luck and the other has none. That's the way the sympathy is...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Italiaseagull said:
That last post is a bit wide of the mark. Reading a bigger club than us and QPR? Me thinks not somehow. ???

They are, in reality, a smaller club with a bigger ground. What denotes size of club is the following at obscure mid-week fixtures 300 odd miles from home....not the size of the chairman's wallet.

Shit-Reading couldn't even sell their full allocation at Withdean during 2 promotion seasons.:yawn:

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
I'm Brian and so is my wife said:
Shit-Reading couldn't even sell their full allocation at Withdean during 2 promotion seasons.:yawn:

Come on. That is just wrong. We had ticket auctions on HNA after they sold out (like you do for home games).

Our away support is currently up in the top 2 or 3 in Division One this year.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
aaaah, my blood is starting to boil under my skin, i'm sweating with rage, these people have absolutely no idea what Brighton are capable of.WE'LL BE BACK

Thanks for the post,keep em coming from Reading websites,i can't be arsed to go there myself.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Wilts said:
Come on. That is just wrong. We had ticket auctions on HNA after they sold out (like you do for home games).

Our away support is currently up in the top 2 or 3 in Division One this year.

So how come there were so many empty seats in a 700 seat stand?

As for 2nd or 3rd in Div 1...if you're such a massive club-how come you're not number 1 for away support? Just a thought!

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Wilts said:
Its not a "looking down" sympathy. I think Reading fans realise that our clubs are of similar size except that one has a lot more fortune than the other, hence the sympathy. In an ideal world we'd be decent sized clubs both playing in front of 20,000+ in the top of the First Division... but one club has plenty of luck and the other has none. That's the way the sympathy is...

Sorry wilts but i see us more in the 30k+ catergory:p

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
I'm Brian and so is my wife said:
So how come there were so many empty seats in a 700 seat stand?

As for 2nd or 3rd in Div 1...if you're such a massive club-how come you're not number 1 for away support? Just a thought!

Ho hum... I can drag out programmes with away support numbers in if you want :rolleyes: There are rarely any seats spare in any RFC games in the south (bar the home ones! lol). Portsmouth, Oxford, Swindon, Brighton, Wycombe, Brentford, West Ham all sold out within a day or so.

We don't proclaim to be a big club. We do what you do, which is to proclaim how much potential we have. One of the largest places in the UK (well, 15th), and plenty of support so far. Madejski took over after seeing 60,000 Reading fans at the Simod Cup Final at Wembley in 1988, remember.

Anyway, its hardly the issue. Brighton and Reading both have big catchment areas and plenty of potential. The issue is that Reading's potential may be filled sooner, whereas sadly Falmer is still needing to be built and the numbers need to build up gradually, and then Brighton will be there too.

I did say in the earlier post that "a few wild and stupid things" were in there, and this is one of them...

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Don't no where you get that from wilts,but if its that statmail on your site thats very wrong as we are about 14th in away attendance in which is very very strange.:lolol:

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
f***ing bastards, too big for their boots most of em.

Brighton are Division2 and average crowds of under 7000. ''

Wanker.

So were you 5 years ago. You seem to think its okay that what you are doing IS poaching a manager, Do you not i=understand taht you have been f***ing us over for about a year know.
First Pardew couldn't find his own player and now Madjeski can't find his own manager.

f*** OFF READING YOU BUNCH OF USELESS WANK.

No offence Wilts but i believe your club is a bunch of wank right now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here