Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your thoughts on this? Naylors Q & A

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
When Naylor had his Q & A thingybob yesterday I had a moment of sheer boredom, so asked if he felt that TB would finance a million pound signing if Gus felt it was the final piece of the jigsaw. His response was that at a push yes. Now I have no knowledge of what TB or Gus are thinking at present, and only have the Q & A reply to go on. I have no conclusion either way. Earlier in the said Q & A Naylor said he was in daily contact with Gus. So what I am asking is for peoples views on this. Personally Im not in the “we will sign big” camp, any more than I think we will end up with what we have. I really don’t know at all. It will be fun waiting I guess, to see what transpires. Thoughts, other than Naylors an aresole :glare:

Ringmer bha

Dec 3, 2009
When Naylor had his Q & A thingybob yesterday I had a moment of sheer boredom, so asked if he felt that TB would finance a million pound signing if Gus felt it was the final piece of the jigsaw. His response was that at a push yes. Now I have no knowledge of what TB or Gus are thinking at present, and only have the Q & A reply to go on. I have no conclusion either way. Earlier in the said Q & A Naylor said he was in daily contact with Gus. So what I am asking is for peoples views on this. Personally Im not in the “we will sign big” camp, any more than I think we will end up with what we have. I really don’t know at all. It will be fun waiting I guess, to see what transpires. Thoughts, other than Naylors an aresole :glare:

You know what I asked?
'Andy, can you tell us anything we don't know?'
My question never made the forum.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Well, that comes from the arsehole so well done!!!

Ringmer bha

Dec 3, 2009
When it comes to reporting he has column inches to fill and has to generate something. I don't alwayts agree with what he says or reports, but hey I'm not in his shoes. However when it comes to Q & A I just don't get the point. People ask him questions and he just doesn't know. He is just offering his opinion. The idea of the central point in any Q&A is that they are in a position of knowledge and able to shed some light on the questions on everyones lips. He can't, so what's the point?

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
When it comes to reporting he has column inches to fill and has to generate something. I don't alwayts agree with what he says or reports, but hey I'm not in his shoes. However when it comes to Q & A I just don't get the point. People ask him questions and he just doesn't know. He is just offering his opinion. The idea of the central point in any Q&A is that they are in a position of knowledge and able to shed some light on the questions on everyones lips. He can't, so what's the point?

Fair point mate

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Must add it was first one I had seen and was pretty underwhelmed overall

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

I agree with this. I don't understand the mockery Naylor gets, I think he's a pretty decent reporter but I don't get the point of this Q&A. He has no more insights than the average supporter - after all, he himself says Gus keeps his cards close to his chest.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I agree with this. I don't understand the mockery Naylor gets, I think he's a pretty decent reporter but I don't get the point of this Q&A. He has no more insights than the average supporter - after all, he himself says Gus keeps his cards close to his chest.

I disagree - I'd imagine he does have far more insights on the club than the average supporter. It's his job to. Whether he's ever in a position to reveal them is another matter.

Working out what to do when Gus keeps his cards close to his chest is only one aspect of Naylor's job.

Above and beyond that, I don't see the point of the Q&A either. Naylor has his own time and space in the Argus to write what he wants or needs to.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Like Gwylan I can't understand the stick Naylor gets on here. He's not THAT bad a reporter and he's got column inches to fill. That said I too can't see the point of the Q and A session. If he does know something that we don't the chances are he won't be in a position to reveal it without pissing off the club.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If he did manage to give us some very hot news people on here would immediately ask 'source'. I think that he is a far better reporter than some I can remember from the Argus in 'the good old days'. One in particular every year said in October we would get relegated in January we would get promoted and in April we would just miss out so come May he quoted what he had said in earlier months that coincided with how we finished up in the league for that season so that he was right.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I disagree - I'd imagine he does have far more insights on the club than the average supporter. It's his job to. Whether he's ever in a position to reveal them is another matter.

Working out what to do when Gus keeps his cards close to his chest is only one aspect of Naylor's job.

Above and beyond that, I don't see the point of the Q&A either. Naylor has his own time and space in the Argus to write what he wants or needs to.

I phrased it badly. Yes, he does have more insights into the club but as he doesn't reveal them, there was nothing in that Q&A that couldn't have been written by the average NSC user.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
If he did manage to give us some very hot news people on here would immediately ask 'source'. I think that he is a far better reporter than some I can remember from the Argus in 'the good old days'. One in particular every year said in October we would get relegated in January we would get promoted and in April we would just miss out so come May he quoted what he had said in earlier months that coincided with how we finished up in the league for that season so that he was right.
As a complete aside, Naylor gets stick for being a Stoke fan. Do you know what team John Vinicombe supported?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
So with all this digitalised sophistication we as fans know no more than we did in the days of the great John Vinnicome, and players profiles in the programmes, with insightful questions like, what's your favourite colour? :glare:

BALDISBEAUTIFUL

Apr 4, 2004
Brighton
Andy Naylor is just doing his job the same as anybody else. He travels to all the away games on a train the same as all other supporters do. Get off his back, although the more you slag him the better it is for him because it means people are talking about him and the Argus. It's called publicity!!!

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
i don't like him because, as the argus albion supremo, he has a lot of influence which he has sometimes used for his own interests NOT the club's.

for example his campaign to undermine and then try and remove wilkins... followed up by his his completely unbalanced reporting on the adams return. this set the club back 2 years at the time... his only interest was his own personal relationship with the manager.

he's good for a laugh though. my 2 favourite pieces from the adams 2nd period were the stone cold classic 'return of the special one' and his unbridled praise when adams splashed out barn door.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here