Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

your support for a very good cause

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
a good mate of mine in Brighton who runs lostcatsbrighton and takes in stray and unwanted cats and re-homes them(it now runs into the thousands since I left Brighton) some of the little mites were supposed to be unhomeable but he managed to get them homes all over the Brighton area.
he is a man I am proud to call my mate and I suppose I feel a little guilty as I got him into rescuing in the first place and this is my chance to get him some support.
he has been nominated for "volunteer of the year" at Brighton council awards and it would be nice to get as many votes as he can muster, his name is Ron Ayres and you just have to follow the links

Celebrating Excellence | Brighton & Hove Public Service Awards

look for "voting" on the right hand side of the page.
you all know this is a cause close to my heart even if I am no longer in Brighton and I thank you in advance

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've just voted. If it was dogs..different story.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Fair play to him, seems a bit ott giving an award out for it but if he's helping then fair do's. By the way I am a dog man, never got on with cats, intolerable little criminals that they are. They're okay when they are kittens with the big heads etc but when they grow up and get all arrogant I cant't bear 'em. And their shit stinks.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I dont like cats over much as they always dig their claws in my lap, but I have voted as its for you.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Fair play to him, seems a bit ott giving an award out for it but if he's helping then fair do's. By the way I am a dog man, never got on with cats, intolerable little criminals that they are. They're okay when they are kittens with the big heads etc but when they grow up and get all arrogant I cant't bear 'em. And their shit stinks.
Agreed. We've got two cats and I can tolerate one but I dislike the other. Our three dogs on the other hand I love to bits.

However glasfryn's 'one of us' so I've voted for his mate.

PS - In the 'Sports and Activities' awards please vote for Charlie Grice. He's an outstanding athlete (my son used to run with him for Phoenix) and is the #1 in the UK in his age group for 800 and 1500 metres. Yes I know the Albion are in there but they always win. Bit unfair putting individuals against the club when tribal loyalty means most Albion fans will vote for the club regardless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here