Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your soft spot for a non-league team

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
No pub or club teams,please. However just what team do you wish to do well. Living near Leek,of course i want 'Town' to do well'.However somehow? I always look for Northwich Victoria or Workington,results. Dont ask me why.Is it just a football thing? :albion:

Do Conference clubs count as non-league?

I watch for Burton's results, strangely - only because we got our version of George Best from them for 6,000 pounds.

Also, Hereford - since they went out of the FL instead of us .

These are sides that just caught attention for those reasons.

I keep an eye out for all of the Lincolnshire teams - league and non-league - because I grew up there. Gainsborough Trinity, however, are the first I look to when it comes to non-league results, probably because the old romantic in me loves the fact they beat Arsenal in the league back in the 1930s.

Sep 24, 2003
Seven Dials
Weymouth

One of the sleeping giants of non league football; heading back to the Conference National at the end of this season....hopefully!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I keep an eye on Lewes results. If the Albion ever go out of business, I think I'll support them.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Bradford. After being in Conference North last year and 'only' one division away from regaining their league status they are now heading back towards the North West Counties league at a rate of knotts. They've just sacked their manager (who was only appointed at the beginning of the season) because he kept chopping and changing the team, got rid of good players who he fell out with and played people out of position!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Lewes. My Mum was born there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here