• Davies & Hart

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Dickinson & Hart

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters

sashnash

Seagull in East London
Feb 26, 2009
A problem we seem to have is not really having an automatic first choice striker, let alone two. While last season it would undoubtedly have been Forster and Murray, and the Owusu for the last few games, this season there doesn't really seem to be any obvious choice.

Forster - doesn't seem to be fully fit still, hopefully will come good
Murray - can't be arsed at the moment, may not be fully fit
Davies - lots of hard work but needs to find the net more to gain confidence
Dickinson - seems the most likely to start week in week out, but hardly played last season and needs confidence and games
Hart - had a good swan song last season but not sure he will be able to contribute much this season, also lacks match fitness after his injury.

Which strike pairing would you like to see assuming we're playing 2 upfront...

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Dickinson and Davies for me.

sashnash

Seagull in East London
Feb 26, 2009
I wanted to do a poll on this but connection buggered up and now can't figure out how to add one on... Can I do it somehow?

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Dickinson and Davies. They would compliment each other perfectly.

Forster coming off the bench.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006

And for what it's worth Murray is the best player at the club and should automatically start. Who partners him between Dickinson and Forster is up to RS but Murray HAS TO PLAY.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Dickinson and A.N. Other for me.

Probably Forster if fit, if not Davies. If the defence has Dickinson worked out, I would replace him with Murray. I'm not convinced Dikinson and Murray would work well together, in spite of the fact that they are our two most expensive purchases in the squad.

If Dickinson an Murray, do gel together, then I would go with them with Forster coming off the bench. As I said on another thread, I thought that Rooney and Tevez would never work, so my prediction regarding Dickinson and Murray could be very incorrect.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008

And for what it's worth Murray is the best player at the club and should automatically start. Who partners him between Dickinson and Forster is up to RS but Murray HAS TO PLAY.

Would agree that when fully fit and committed Murray would be first choice. However I have seen NO evidence this season/ pre-season that he warrants a place anywhere near the team.

Also disagree with your failure to mention Davies , which I presume was intentional. If given a run in the team he will score. He also creates chances with his work-rate. If he had played yesterday I guarantee we would have had at least one shot on target.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Two Championship standard players that we are about to sign,if we continue to add Div 1 players thats where we will remain

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
article-1159089-03BDAE0B000005DC-398_468x330.jpg

Dickinson Davies.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford

No he doesn't, what is all this rubbish about Murray being the best player at the club? Does this not somewhat do down the efforts of players such as Forster, Elphick and Dicker who actually WANT to be here and are, in my opinion, more useful to have around? In his career so far, Murray has proved himself to be a good league 1 striker, nothing more. I rate Murray highly, you'd have to be an idiot not to, but does the fact that NO ONE has come in for his signature since his transfer request tell its own story? Before we get him anywhere near the first team, we need assurances over his future. If he commits his future to the club and promises to work his nuts off, then by all means he can be considered a (almost certain) starter. However, whilst he clearly wants out and is staying here due to a piece of paper that he signed, it baffles me as to how anyone can even consider putting him in the starting line up.

Rant over.

ooh Dickinson and Forster by the way.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Ward and Mellor

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
No he doesn't, what is all this rubbish about Murray being the best player at the club? Does this not somewhat do down the efforts of players such as Forster, Elphick and Dicker who actually WANT to be here and are, in my opinion, more useful to have around? In his career so far, Murray has proved himself to be a good league 1 striker, nothing more. I rate Murray highly, you'd have to be an idiot not to, but does the fact that NO ONE has come in for his signature since his transfer request tell its own story? Before we get him anywhere near the first team, we need assurances over his future. If he commits his future to the club and promises to work his nuts off, then by all means he can be considered a (almost certain) starter. However, whilst he clearly wants out and is staying here due to a piece of paper that he signed, it baffles me as to how anyone can even consider putting him in the starting line up.

Rant over.

ooh Dickinson and Forster by the way.

People would have been in for Murray but they're not willing to meet our valuation which I imagine is around the £1 million mark, like clubs offered money for Beckford but that wasn't accepted as they didn't think the fee was good enough.

Murray is the most natural finisher at the club, he's good in the air and is a flair player. He's also rather skillful. Maybe he isn't our best player but he's definetly our best striker. He's too an important player to be left out the team and therefore should be included.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
People would have been in for Murray but they're not willing to meet our valuation which I imagine is around the £1 million mark, like clubs offered money for Beckford but that wasn't accepted as they didn't think the fee was good enough.

Murray is the most natural finisher at the club, he's good in the air and is a flair player. He's also rather skillful. Maybe he isn't our best player but he's definetly our best striker. He's too an important player to be left out the team and therefore should be included.

What makes you think we are demanding £1 million for him? I'd say about half that would be a good price. And even so, I don't think it would prevent tentative enquiries from clubs, of which there have been none, to my knowledge. You're probably right about Murray, he is probably the most natural finisher at the club, he is good on the ground and in the air and of course he's a great player to have around. However, I think Forster is a better player, maybe Dickinson will be as well? In my opinion, the star man we should be including every game is Mr Forster. The guy is an absolute class act, knows every trick in the book, winds up crowds/opposition, but is also a quality player and 100% committed to the cause. Murray is not too important to leave out of the team and once the people who have been enchanted into idolising him as some kind of God on the back of 21 goals in 44 apearances realise this, the better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here