Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your opinions...........

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I thought a lot of what the crowd perceived were fouls on Dickinson weren't but there you go a game of opinions................

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
well it was obviously the ref who told him couldn't wear black socks because of clashing. This was just the start of his fussiness. He was just really poor for all concerned. Appeared to like playground type spats. If a player questioned him the next time that player from either side got close to the ball he would give a decision against them. Very poor

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Ref was a pedantic little twat from start to finish. Got no major decision wrong though with the exception of inconsitancy with the free kick at the end, not booking their player for kicking the ball away when he booked ours and regularly missing pushes on our forwards. That said no major decision was wrong.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I thought a lot of what the crowd perceived were fouls on Dickinson weren't but there you go a game of opinions................

i agree to a degree, certainly there were times he appealed for a foul were really he didn't even attempt for the ball and the defender came over him/ though him to get the ball.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
On the radio they posited that he was being assessed because there were some officious looking people there. Perhaps he was being a stickler in the hope of a good assessment, and was being pickier than usual

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Un-necessarily pedantic twat who clearly considered himself the star attraction of the afternoon.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
He looked like one of the youngest refs we have had for a long time. Or am I just getting old?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Far too whistle happy, blew up for next to nothing challenges. some inconsistancies, like booking Dickinson after 2 incidents early on, but only warning their ginger player after 2 different incidents soon after each other that next time he would be booked (at least 4 fouls by then).

He should really have let the game flow more, after all, thats what the crowd were there for, and not to listen to the ref.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
He looked like one of the youngest refs we have had for a long time. Or am I just getting old?

think the problem with him was 2 fold, firstly he had a massive dose of small many syndrome, plus seeing as his balls havent dropped yet he went on a massive power trip, and forgot most of the time that there were actually 2 teams he could pointlessly give free kicks to :lolol:

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
On the radio they posited that he was being assessed because there were some officious looking people there. Perhaps he was being a stickler in the hope of a good assessment, and was being pickier than usual

Oh so thats what the two FA types I saw were about

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here