Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your not the only ones planning to move.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Get with the programme - Bromley are on board. You're still gutted we turned around the Selhurst situation. Endless posts about us being made homeless. In your area there are more smelly old men but what does that matter?

How can you say that we should be aiming lower when you're likely to have so many empty seats at the plastic spastic arena. we've just been through a horrible year, sit in the bottom three and still had 14,000 home fans for the last game.

We'll be OK.

You're still a prat aren't you ? I have been saying that Palace should move there for years however only a retard would accept that Bromley Council will get on board without strings. Factor in that a lot of Bromley residents will be up in arms. I've said that too but with your Croydon education you can't read. It might interest you to know that I have worked for Bromley Council recently and I cam assure you that that the development is not a foregone conclusion. Unlike like you I have a few facts not speculation.

One thing you can guarantee. Bromley Council will not give dime one to the project.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Most other palace fans I know are quite surprised at how far down the line this has gone, anyone can make a few drawings,but in the short time they've been owners the consortium seem to of been pretty busy! They've spoken to Croydon and Bromley councils ,who seem very much onside.,have got a stadium construction company (AIS ? ,Australian ??) working on the project.Croydon tramlink involved, even been talking about trying to challenge the Taylor report and include a bit of safe standing!!a lot of Brighton fans have come up with barriers, listed building ( wrong) Bromley council against it (wrong)nimbys (ok , I'll give you that one!!)blmey you must really enjoy sitting in the Arthur Waite !! Most of us are glad your grounds nearly ready, better than the old goldstone corner or the running track.one thing though ,mate of mine has seen inside the Amex ,reckons one of the ends is tiny(10 rows !!), a bit like the abortion they've made at one end of the new lansdowne road in Dublin.any pictures of the inside of it?
As has been pointed out that is the easy bit. We had glossy pictures, the City council and local MPs on our side, transport plans, etc .... still took ten years of CONSTANT fighting. Plus we were homeless whereas your opponents can at least claim that you do have a ground.

But, no, good luck to you, the pictures look great and I hope it happens, especially if you're trying to get safe standing!

(And PS - I agree with the 17 y.o. Palace fan. I don't really see as as rivals any more either!)

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Like the visuals, especially the glass roof design, and I hope Palace get this as it would be a fine ground to visit, and Selhurst is horrible.

I suppose if Spurs get the Olympic Stadium then there won't be 2 stadiums allowed in the park - so there would have to be a combined development, which means a running track...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Most other palace fans I know are quite surprised at how far down the line this has gone, anyone can make a few drawings,but in the short time they've been owners the consortium seem to of been pretty busy! They've spoken to Croydon and Bromley councils ,who seem very much onside.,have got a stadium construction company (AIS ? ,Australian ??) working on the project.Croydon tramlink involved, even been talking about trying to challenge the Taylor report and include a bit of safe standing!!a lot of Brighton fans have come up with barriers, listed building ( wrong) Bromley council against it (wrong)nimbys (ok , I'll give you that one!!)blmey you must really enjoy sitting in the Arthur Waite !! Most of us are glad your grounds nearly ready, better than the old goldstone corner or the running track.one thing though ,mate of mine has seen inside the Amex ,reckons one of the ends is tiny(10 rows !!), a bit like the abortion they've made at one end of the new lansdowne road in Dublin.any pictures of the inside of it?

Sorry but according to your own pdf file. It is a Grade II listed building.

Phase one we assume is a partly built stadium perhaps only the bottom tiers costing 50m. Appears cheap.

Naming rights aren't really going to raise that amount, pre sold corporate means less for playing staff etc and true value in a deflated market for Selhurst?

Challenge to taylor report, pppleeease! get real.

As for ten rows at one of our ends, don't think so sunshine.

Good luck with the new stadium but you're likely, on past reckoning, to have at least another three "administrations" before you even get your planning in.

Carshaltonloyal

Jan 18, 2011
You seem to be getting the national sports centre and the athletics stadium mixed up,the roof of the sports centre is indeed listed (something about the worlds first concrete roof!).But that isn't the athletics stadium,it's the ugly grey concrete thing which houses the swimming pool etc.Palace are gonna rip the pool out and build a separate aquatic centre,apparently the old pool costs more to maintain than it brings in.The athletics stadium can be completely rebuilt,CPFC 10 unbelievably have looked into this.......!As for administration,both times someone has bought the club before we've had to sell off to b&q and prostitute ourselves to somewhere like gillingham.Anyway 'sonny' west ham have just been given the Olympic stadium ,so Bromley now have a massive White elephant in crystal palace park that needs someone to invest in,I wonder who that could be ....

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
The necessary decontamination measures required at Selhurst Park will make a move elsewhere unviable.
The Enviroment Agency will have a field day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here