Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your most HATED Band/Artist ?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Morrisey - managed to convince a generation he has talent when in fact, he's just an outspoken cock. IMO obviously.

I have the exact same opinion, only about Paul Weller. Moody self righteous knob with very limited talent, bland boring songs, 6th form lyrics, shit voice.

Bit scared to say all this after seeing your username though...

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I have the exact same opinion, only about Paul Weller. Moody self righteous knob with very limited talent, bland boring songs, 6th form lyrics, shit voice.

I would say similar about bowie although i can see he is very talented. Just doesn't speak to me like say.....Weller or Morrisey....funny innit?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I would say similar about bowie although i can see he is very talented. Just doesn't speak to me like say.....Weller or Morrisey....funny innit?

Bowie's never shown the arrogance Weller has? And shit voice?!?

Fair enough if the music does nothing for you though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I like Weller, Bowie AND Morrissey.

pfft. I'll have to find somewhere else for an argument....

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
One Direction
Cher bloody whatever her name is from the X factor
Lady Gaga
All rap artists
The Darkness
Boy and Girl bands
All dance groups
Dj's or whatever they call themselves
George Michael

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Bowie's never shown the arrogance Weller has? And shit voice?!?

Fair enough if the music does nothing for you though.

Yeah sorry rushed response didn't mean in those ways.

To be fair Bowie is one of those artist who I continually try out because i always think I am missing something. I just never quite get it, maybe it is time to give him another bash.

As for Weller he does right school boy lyrics i suppose but his music is/was all about youth. He also wrote some fantastic lyrics more in a story telling way than pure poetry. Songs like A bomb in Wardour Street, The Man in the Corner Shop and Down in a Tube Station at Midnight have fantastic lyrics IMHO. Infact although I concede that some of his lyrics are a bit crap (moon on your pajamas) generally they hit the mark for me. Still each to their own.

I find it hard to hate someone who writes proper music and does it from the heart while their is shit like x factor, one direction et al to aim my hatred at.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yeah sorry rushed response didn't mean in those ways.

To be fair Bowie is one of those artist who I continually try out because i always think I am missing something. I just never quite get it, maybe it is time to give him another bash.

As for Weller he does right school boy lyrics i suppose but his music is/was all about youth. He also wrote some fantastic lyrics more in a story telling way than pure poetry. Songs like A bomb in Wardour Street, The Man in the Corner Shop and Down in a Tube Station at Midnight have fantastic lyrics IMHO. Infact although I concede that some of his lyrics are a bit crap (moon on your pajamas) generally they hit the mark for me. Still each to their own.

I would find it hard to hate someone who writes proper music and does it from the heart while their is shit like x factor, one direction et al to aim my hatred at.

I don't "hate" Weller, I just find his arrogance is disproportionate to his talent. Eton Rifles is a tune.

Re: Bowie - give the album Low a try. If that doesn't do it for you, probably isn't meant to be.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I don't "hate" Weller, I just find his arrogance is disproportionate to his talent. Eton Rifles is a tune.

Re: Bowie - give the album Low a try. If that doesn't do it for you, probably isn't meant to be.

sorry wasn't implying any hate from you (not communicating very well tonight!)

I will give Low a crack and see how we get on.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
sorry wasn't implying any hate from you (not communicating very well tonight!)

I will give Low a crack and see how we get on.

No, no, don't worry, wasn't suggesting you were, more that my original post probably implied it.

And like you say, I have x10000000 times more respect for genuine artists like Bowie, Weller, Morrissey, compared to production line bollocks full of kids just wanting to be famous, regardless of whether they have f*** all to actually say with their music.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
If there was "only one way to find out", I think Weller would win comfortably in a ruck between the 3. I'll give him that.

I don't know about that. I reckon Weller would struggle against Mozza's sheer MASS. He's a unit and anyone who sweats that much has to be feared.

Bowie would be hiding under a table waiting for it all to blow over.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't know about that. I reckon Weller would struggle against Mozza's sheer MASS. He's a unit and anyone who sweats that much has to be feared.

Bowie would be hiding under a table waiting for it all to blow over.

You can easily take Bowie out of the game with a lollipop to the eye.

david-bowie-lollipop-eye-320.jpg

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
You can easily take Bowie out of the game with a lollipop to the eye.

Agreed - but this bloke... Back in early 80s a rangy amphetamine-addled Weller would have wiped the floor with this navel-gazing bedroom-dwelling woe-is-me-smith. But now? Just look at him. He would f*** shit up.

11-morrissey2009.jpg

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester

Weller is king!! & heavily inspired by Bowie - who iv tried to get into (oo-er!) but just cant get my head round the whole Ziggy Stardust thing. Can't deny all 3 are geniuses in their own right - just think Morrissey (especially recently) has been talking a lot of old bollocks!!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Weller is king!! & heavily inspired by Bowie - who iv tried to get into (oo-er!) but just cant get my head round the whole Ziggy Stardust thing. Can't deny all 3 are geniuses in their own right - just think Morrissey (especially recently) has been talking a lot of old bollocks!!

Morrissey needs to be put in a home before he says something really quite offensive. I can see it coming.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Hate is a really strong word. However anything GANGSTA RNB and anything "XFactor" ANNOYS me.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Good shout. Annoying drip of an artiste. What is even more annoying is I found myself singing along to 'In too Deep' the other day. That's what really gets me.

err that's a Genesis song not a Collins solo one. but i agree - utter shite of the highest order

but has anyone got a soft spot for The dave Clarke 5. No???? Good!

And Paul Weller just annoys the f@@k out of me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here