Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your most disappointed to see released

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Sorry if this is old hat, but I ain't been around for a bit.

Who was you most disappointed to see get released ?

For me, it has to be Sam Rents. Always thought he was one for the future and looks good when going forward, supplying decent balls into the box. Not as solid perhaps as Whing on the other side, but much less likely to hoof it.

And with Kerry released too, does this mean Matt Richards is a cert to sign this summer ? ( Have I missed something ? )

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Rents and Reid. The others had to go.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yes, Paul Reid 2nd on my list too, but his injuries and age make me much less bothered about his release than Rents'.
Here's wishing all released players all the best for the future. Especially the old campaigners.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Reid was running around like a teenager in the Sussex Senior Cup Final on Monday.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I would have liked to have seen Butts in some sort of coaching role. Been a bit of a legend for us despite having first signed for us at the wrong side of 33. I'm also guessing he played a big part in the development of Lynch, Elphick etc. Probably needs to acquire certain coaching badges and that?

Hart I would just like to see on the squad sheet even if he isn't getting games, true Albion legend. Would say the same for Mayo but he's always been shit bless him.

Butters HAS been great influence on Tommy and Joel, with Elphick in particular always keen to emphasis that point.

Think we're already overloaded on the coaching front though.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Reid was running around like a teenager in the Sussex Senior Cup Final on Monday.

That's encouraging. Didn't he say in his Argus rant that he thought he was the best player on the park that day ?

Hope he can stay injury free and get himself a good deal somewhere. He deserves it.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Rents, Reid and Butters - all worth retaining

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
reid - not sure about rents. he looked gash when he had the chance to come in after richards went back on-loan

unfortunately though, he appears to have been judged on the three games he got then. another one whoms face possibly didnt fit with wilkins, as last season he looked like a decent prospect

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Reid possibly Rents but am more concerned that MA let Whing go when he was at Coventry so obviousloy doesnt rate him very highly.
no he didnt

he was in the team when micky got sacked it was dowie that let him go

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here