• Other?

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Hatterlovesbrighton said:
... Hereford must have been amazing for you guys, but did any of you actually enjoy it? Would you want to go through it again?

I hope we never even come close to repeating that era: Goldstone gone, one match from oblivion and a crook in charge. It will never be forgotten.

Hereford was amazing and everything and, although it was probably the biggest single result in the club's history, all the pain, hurt and anxiety that was associated with that time means it was never that enjoyable.

Winning Division 2 is probably my highlight, not being a rugby or cricket fan. Being back in the 'big' time and all that. Although I did cry at the Division 3 victory parade.

If Eastbourne United had beaten Crawley Town in the Sussex Senior Cup Final in 1990 at The Goldstone that would have been up there.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Hereford was relief rather than joy, and the misery of the Hereford fans afterwards took away some of the magic. It is certainly the most important sporting moment.

Favourite is probably winning at Anfield in the Fifth Round in '83, before that we never thought we could get to Wembley, but all the incidents in the match, Case, Melia, missed penalty by Phil Neal, Chris Ramsey's clearing off the line etc was a momentous 90 minutes

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I think favourite is not quite the right word for Hereford, although certainly the most memorable. At the final whistle I just sat on the back of my seat and cried.

Recent favourite though I think is DC's bullet header beating Cheaterfield whilst winning the Championship.

I did watch the '66 cup final apparently, but was only 18 months old so don't remember much !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here