Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your FAVOURITE Home Nation Footballing Country...

Who is your favourite home nation team apart from England?...

• Total voters

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
...Apart from England, that's of course if England are your favourites given they are total SHITE!...

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Scotland for the effort they put in as a team, watch and learn england

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Defiantly NOT Wales.

Probably Northern Ireland

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Can't stand the Welsh

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Norn Iron have the most vicious, bigoted, small minded fans of any country I've ever had the misfortune to see play live.

Can I vote for "Scotland, England and Wales"?

Dandyman

In London village.
Norn Iron have the most vicious, bigoted, small minded fans of any country I've ever had the misfortune to see play live.

Can I vote for "Scotland, England and Wales"?

Care to expand on that MYOB ?

My understanding is the Nord Iron fans tend to face a fairly relentless tide of shit from Republicans for having the gall to take "parity of esteem" at face value.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Care to expand on that MYOB ?

My understanding is the Nord Iron fans tend to face a fairly relentless tide of shit from Republicans for having the gall to take "parity of esteem" at face value.

Norn Iron fans also take shit from Scotland or England supporting Unionists, as it happens. I'm also not a Republican, so...

Possibly as a result of that, every NI fan I've ever met is deeply, deeply bitter against anyone they see as having 'wronged' them. Someone who supports the FAI-run Ireland team - even if they're born and bred in the Republic - is seen as a traitor as the FAI broke away from the IFA. If you support a League team here you're seen as against them as our league took on Derry City many many years after the IFA kicked them out of their league.

An NI player with entitlement to Irish citizenship decided to declare for Ireland and the vitriol spewed by NI fans - even though he'd said he'd never play for them even if he didn't qualify for Ireland - was something else. Theres 50+ page long threads of rants and hatred from NI fans on foot.ie, for instance.

Basically, I've never met one I'd call reasonable or encountered one online I'd call sane. Theres no other group of fans of any team, country, whatever I can say that about (assuming I've ever met a fan of them).

Dandyman

In London village.
Norn Iron fans also take shit from Scotland or England supporting Unionists, as it happens. I'm also not a Republican, so...

Possibly as a result of that, every NI fan I've ever met is deeply, deeply bitter against anyone they see as having 'wronged' them. Someone who supports the FAI-run Ireland team - even if they're born and bred in the Republic - is seen as a traitor as the FAI broke away from the IFA. If you support a League team here you're seen as against them as our league took on Derry City many many years after the IFA kicked them out of their league.

An NI player with entitlement to Irish citizenship decided to declare for Ireland and the vitriol spewed by NI fans - even though he'd said he'd never play for them even if he didn't qualify for Ireland - was something else. Theres 50+ page long threads of rants and hatred from NI fans on foot.ie, for instance.

Basically, I've never met one I'd call reasonable or encountered one online I'd call sane. Theres no other group of fans of any team, country, whatever I can say that about (assuming I've ever met a fan of them).

I don't doubt there are fair number of bigots about, whether that is the entirity of the support I don't know but the attached is in their own words...

OUR WEE COUNTRY

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
How to speak Norn Irish in one easy lesson using that handy elocution phrase "How now, brown cow?"

Just say "High nigh brine kai?" as quickly as possible and you've got it nailed...

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
wales_football_shirt_badge.jpg

:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here