Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your favourite ELO song.

Cheshire

Jul 20, 2003
1066 Country
With Marxo - 10538 Overture. First single and first of the new experimental sound that transformed The Move into ELO and eventually the more polished ELO version that most people remember. Shame that legal wranglings have prevented the core group getting back together again as ELO, certainly Jeff Lyne's song writing ability is very underated.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Clearly Mr Blue Sky - never fails to raise a smile and a singalong when that blares out of our kitchen radio. I'm also rather partial to Last Train to London.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
My favourite band in the whole world lol.

If you need a live fix The ELO Experience are on at the congress theatre Eastbourne Tomorrow night.

They are very close to the recordings of ELO including a live string trio.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So many

Telephone Line
Rockaria
Wild West Hero
Xanadu
Mr Blue Sky
Evil Woman
Hold On Tight

beakyburn

Aug 15, 2012
What an amazing band. Bring them back !

This is just sublime. I LOVE it.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
Met a sweet talking woman but an evil woman. She was a living thing and phoned my telephone line for a showdown. Get the last train to London she said and i will show you strange magic. I said hold on tight i could shine a little love on you. On the train were two gangs and she said hold on tight and dont turn to stone. Roll over beethoven i said there must be some confusion. I thought you had the greatest tits.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Pray silence please for the Electruc Light Orchestra.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
The one I find myself singing to myself most is the intro to Standing in the Rain

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Can't decide between Out of the Blue or Time as my favourite album.

Similarly, either Jungle or Here is the News as my favourite song.

If you like ELO then you should get Jeff Lynne's solo album Armchair Theatre - very much along the same lines as ELO but more polished. Guest artists on it such as Gerge Harrison, Richard Tandy (ex-ELO) and Del Shannon.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here