Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your favourite BEACH BOYS songs

The Large One said:
Forever Changes by Love (no-one has mentioned who the album is by yet) is a superb album, athough I think on balance Pet Sounds JUST shades it for me.
Apart from me the first time it get's mentioned! :dunce:

It's all about personal taste isn't it. Pet Sounds just never really did anything for me, Forever Changes hit me like a train.

Last edited:

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
I'm with KSA on this one. Listened to Pet Sounds a few times and have not fully connected with it at all.
Put Forever Changes on the turntable for the first time and it smacked me in the face. Not a weak song on the album.
Pure f***ing classic psychedelic rock.
Classic guitars, classic strings and classic vocals.....

"Oh the snot has caked against my pants....":lolol: :lolol:

Anyway, Beachboys:
1. Good Vibrations
2. God Only Knows
3. Wouldn't it be Nice

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Good Vibrations - superb
Surfin' USA - why has nobody mentioned this? It's just a great summertime song and will always be associated with them.
Help me Rhonda - same as above.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Heroes + Villains for me.

Exmouth Seagull

Sep 11, 2003
The released version of Heroes & Villians is lame compared to the amazing unreleased sections widely available on Smile (famous unfinished/unreleased album) bootlegs. If finished it would have been an even greater song than Good Vibrations.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Voroshilov said:
I think Pet Sounds is the most over-rated album of all time.

I'm too shocked to explain why it isn't!:ohmy:

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Good Vibrations
God Only Knows

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Pet Sounds (in my opinion) is just the most powerfully accurate album I've ever heard. They say a lot of musical tastes are formed during one's teenage period, though I was always aware of various tracks on Pet Sounds since I was a bab as my dad had a plethora of music which I grew up listening to.

However, when I was about 17 I listened to Pet Sounds all the way through for the first time and found that most of the songs represented exactly what I was feeling about being a teenager - Brian Wilson himself calls it a 'teenage symphony'..

Naturally some tracks are irrelevant to this mood - Sloop John B. didn't reflect how I felt!!! Though some poignant lyrics therein like "This is the worst trip i've ever been on" are ironically interesting!.. Wilson didn't even want the track on the album but caved in to pressure.

On the whole though, I could relate to each track as if he/they were singing solely for me.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Jam The Man said:
Pet Sounds (in my opinion) is just the most powerfully accurate album I've ever heard. They say a lot of musical tastes are formed during one's teenage period, though I was always aware of various tracks on Pet Sounds since I was a bab as my dad had a plethora of music which I grew up listening to.

However, when I was about 17 I listened to Pet Sounds all the way through for the first time and found that most of the songs represented exactly what I was feeling about being a teenager - Brian Wilson himself calls it a 'teenage symphony'..

Naturally some tracks are irrelevant to this mood - Sloop John B. didn't reflect how I felt!!! Though some poignant lyrics therein like "This is the worst trip i've ever been on" are ironically interesting!.. Wilson didn't even want the track on the album but caved in to pressure.

On the whole though, I could relate to each track as if he/they were singing solely for me.

Sounds like The Streets of that era.

Lush

Mods' Pet
"I may not always love you
But long as there are stars above you
You never need to doubt it
I'll make you so sure about it

God only knows what I'd be without you

If you should ever leave me
Though life would still go on believe me
The world could show nothing to me
So what good would living do me

God only knows what I'd be without you"

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
The Large One said:
The Beach Boys did do a cover of 'California Dreaming', but it is AWFUL. .

It is poor - you'd think they should be able to have done a cracking version, but no. They even skimp on the lyrics in the chorus at the end.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
The Large One said:
But still not as bad as the version of 'Season in the Sun'. :sick:

Yes that is sickening. Not even keen on the original really, but the BB's embarrass themselves.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Barnet Seagull
Sloop John B
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of those songs (alongside, say, 'You've Lost That Loving Feeling') to sing at a blokey-type piss up. Or is that just me?

not just you ! sloop john b is a classic and its also a very good rugby song !!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here