Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your favourite BEACH BOYS songs

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Voroshilov said:
I think Pet Sounds is the most over-rated album of all time.

In what way? Do you think it's over-rated, or are you saying it's rubbish? The main point people make about it is that, at the time, it was considered ground-breaking. It may sound dated now, but it was way ahead of its time in 1966.

Last edited:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I just don't like it. It seems to be a triumph of tecnique over content. It lacks charm and I can't really connect with it. It's not that I don't like sixties music, I'll happily listen to Ogdens Nut Gone Flake, Revolver or Astral Weeks.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wouldn't it be Nice
Barbra-anne (sp?)
Good Virbrations

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I would have to agree that Forever Changes stands up much better today than Pet Sounds. The Forever Changes DVD recorded in London a couple of years go by Arthur Lee is stunning considering how old the songs are.

Last edited:

Icy Gull said:
I would have to agree that Forever Changes stands up much better today than Pet Sounds. The Forever Changes DVD recorded in London a couple of years go by Arthur Lee is stunning considering how old the songs are.

I saw them play Shepherds Bush in April this year, with a part of a Swedish orchestra providing strings and horns. They were phenomenal. It was one of the best gigs I have ever seen, if not the best. If anyone gets a chance to go and see them then go, you will not regret it.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
God Only Knows.
Fun Fun Fun

Can't beat it in the car on a nice day.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
garry nelsons left foot said:
mama's and papa's????
or have i missed the joke?

The Beach Boys did do a cover of 'California Dreaming', but it is AWFUL. It think they mean 'California Girls'.

To add my two'penneth to earlier posts, Forever Changes by Love (no-one has mentioned who the album is by yet) is a superb album, athough I think on balance Pet Sounds JUST shades it for me.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
cheeseroll said:
God Only Knows, a classic.

Didn't James do a wicked song with the same title

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good Vibrations

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports