Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your biggest lottery win?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
About £20 on the EuroMillions one once, never won anything on the National Lottery (although I don't play it with any kind of regularity).

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
£10 on the very first lottery hosted by Noel Edmonds.

Never won anything since, but have only bought maybe 10 or so tickets.

Have won a few hundred on the Premium Bonds though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
never done it

binky

Aug 9, 2005
Hove
£132

...which in no way covered the price of the tickests we had bought over the previous 9 months.

I've stopped now, I consider the Lottery to be a tax on the hard of thinking.

Except for the lottery syndicate at work.
It would be just unthinkable for all my work colleagues to win, leave work, and leave me sitting there like a sucker.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Mine was £300, my share of a 5 man syndicate at work.

Was just before Christmas too which made it even better!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Won a tenner quite a few times as part of a syndicate, we just saved the money and bought loads of tickets whenever there was a roll-over...usually winning another couple of tenners...never managed to make it as far as four numbers.

Not long after the lottery started there was a story in the WSCT about a bloke in West Chilt who won £800k one week when the jackpot was shared. They asked him what he intended to do with the money, he told them that he was going to use £300k to pay off his mortgage but hadn't decided what to do with the rest...bearing in mind that this was about 15 years ago he must have been on a pretty serious salary to service a mortgage that big...guess he really needed a lottery win!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
1300-odd euro (about a £1000 now I think) ages back.

Recently I won a scratchcard on the main draw and won 100 on the card.

As goes syndicates, before a recent merger they were actually banned in work due to the size of the company being so that a Euromillions win by a syndicate would have probably destroyed the firm - unlikely as f*** obviously but not something you can even insure against happening. 30M divided over 15 people, can't see too many of them staying on...

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
That occurred to us when we set up a syndicate, we even had one person who didn't like the lottery but joined as an insurance policy against being left to run the office if we all sacked it after scooping the big one.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I have once had all six numbers on the lottery. Unfortunately 2 were on one line and 4 were on another. Got £75 I think. Gutted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here