Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Young Joel

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
First time I've seen him play and I was very impressed. Sure his distribution wasn't great in the second half, but other than that he looked very assured for one so young. I lost count of the number of headers he won (not that I was counting, that would just be silly).

Well played young Joel :clap2:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
He does look a very promising prospect. Respect to the youth team coaches who seem to have produced another great youngster :clap: Don't think we should give up looking for a left back yet though.

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
Good to hear, that more young players are coming through. Its more important now with such poor finances at the club. :clap:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
... yes, he has looked great twice now... and Sam Rents is another option as "one for the future"... suggest Kerry should pack his bags after this / his testimonial season...

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
culvers said:
Good to hear, that more young players are coming through. Its more important now with such poor finances at the club. :clap:

Just imagine what state the club would be in if we hadn't produced players like Virgo, El-Abd, Hinshelwood, Hammond, Harding etc. And there's a few more on the horizon Lynch, Gatting, Cox, the Elphicks.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
mcshane in the 79th said:
Just imagine what state the club would be in if we hadn't produced players like Virgo, El-Abd, Hinshelwood, Hammond, Harding etc. And there's a few more on the horizon Lynch, Gatting, Cox, the Elphicks

Forgot Rents in the list too!

Last edited:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Doing well. Got lots of aggression, I can see him getting a red/accumulated yellows before the season is out. Gets stuck in, which is a good trait to have.

Great interview with Tank in the Sun - they reckon he might need renaming to Guy Margarines because of his weight loss!

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Virgo 1.5 Million and Harding 800K fully justify the investment in youth. The good news is there will be plenty more interest in the current batch. El Abd has been in great form recently and the physical side of his game is perfect for any level. His passing ability and heading has really improved recently. I have thought for some time El Abd was potentially the best of the batch and if his attitude is sorted he shold have a great career.

Lynch physically looks the part and if he can take the chance to develop his game the very big clubs will be looking at him. At 18 and to be playing so well in the Championship will make him a target before long. Great posistioning for someone so young and he dealt with the experienced Leeds players very well. With Butters at the back to help these guys through I can see us improving defensively. Also Hinsh does a great job marshalling the back line so having him back will be a major boost to the squad.

Looking at the side we could put out with players developed through the youth team we would have a decent side on it's own merits:

Sullivan/Martin
El Abd
Lynch
Virgo
Hinch
Harding
Cox
Hammond
Elphick
Mcphee
Robinson

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Great to see so many potentially good players coming through, though most touted above seem to be defenders

If only we had a Best, Blackstock or Wallcott to add to the above...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Barnet Seagull said:
Great to see so many potentially good players coming through, though most touted above seem to be defenders

If only we had a Best, Blackstock or Wallcott to add to the above...
Gatting maybe? Also Cox is a winger.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Caveman said:
I think we've got the best youth set up now, possibly better than at any other time in our history?

Must be. They've done a fantastic job. I doubt we'd even be a league club any more without Messrs Hinshelwood Sr and Dean Wilkins.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
He had a good game but let's not all get carried away a la Jake Robinson.

Not getting carried away, but I saw him down at Southampton and he was very good and again against Leeds. You could argue that he isnt going to come up against much bigger teams this season. I know he's only young, but for once this season I sat back and actually thought we didnt need to be worried by a left back mistake.

I would, and I know its early days etc, but i'd say that this lad is going to be better than Harding - THIS IS PURELY WHAT I FEEL and dont want to put any unwanted pressure on the lad, but I can see good things around the corner!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here