• Try Outsing

Votes: 48 26.1%
  • It Will Be Alright On The Night

Votes: 7 3.8%

• Total voters

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I think we should just stand and respectfully let them sing their thing (not join in, FFS), like a rugby team accepting the haka. Then as soon as they finish, belt out GOSBTS as a response.

I believe that this is what we did in '83 - I certainly remember singing an awful lot!

Besides, if we try to sing something else we'll be drowned out by the Kop =0)

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I believe that this is what we did in '83 - I certainly remember singing an awful lot!

Besides, if we try to sing something else we'll be drowned out by the Kop =0)

Don't bank on it the Kop is nothing special these days contains more than its fair share of plastic tourists a view shared by many scousers.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I don't really understand why this thread has even began? If we go to any other ground and they have their own song we don't make a thread on it do we? For instance Leeds last Saturday, where was the thread on MOT?!

Pointless thread. If you want to sing over it, sing over it. If you want to stand and listen, stand and listen. Do what the f*** you like.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
OK - I will prob go against the grain here but here goes...

First thing I thought when we drew Liverpool - sweet a packed 40k stadium all singing you'll never walk alone with red scarves 3 sides of the ground and blue 1 side. I really could do some research here but I can't be arsed and fully expect some of this to be wrong (i'm mid 20s btw). Also going against a number of posters on here that I have a lot of respect for but f*** it:

1) It never ACTUALLY was Liverpool's song was it? It was a football song sung by many different fans and Liverpool and Celtic seem to have taken it on as their own?

2) We used to sing it at the goldstone didn't we? Certainly did in the cup final videos i've seen - maybe even the semi final too etc?

3) It's a football song - bit like abide with me at the cup final? I don't see anythnig tin pot about holding scarves up and creating a great sight?

I was looking forward to everyone belting this out as a show of football fans united - seems I'm in the major minority?

As I say, feel free to correct me if you disagree or anything i've said is wrong...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

First thing I thought when we drew Liverpool - sweet a packed 40k stadium all singing you'll never walk alone with red scarves 3 sides of the ground and blue 1 side. I really could do some research here but I can't be arsed and fully expect some of this to be wrong (i'm mid 20s btw). Also going against a number of posters on here that I have a lot of respect for but f*** it:

1) It never ACTUALLY was Liverpool's song was it? It was a football song sung by many different fans and Liverpool and Celtic seem to have taken it on as their own?

2) We used to sing it at the goldstone didn't we? Certainly did in the cup final videos i've seen - maybe even the semi final too etc?

3) It's a football song - bit like abide with me at the cup final? I don't see anythnig tin pot about holding scarves up and creating a great sight?

I was looking forward to everyone belting this out as a show of football fans united - seems I'm in the major minority?

As I say, feel free to correct me if you disagree or anything i've said is wrong...

Understand your points but don't you think it IS seen as a Liverpool song nowadays?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Understand your points but don't you think it IS seen as a Liverpool song nowadays?

Yes I do. But it's a great song - a brilliant song - a football song as well in my book. It's a personal opinion but honestly the first thing I thought of when going to Anfield was all 4 sides singing YNWO - or at least thousands of Albion scarfs being held up - even if not singing it - would look amazing!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes I do. But it's a great song - a brilliant song - a football song as well in my book. It's a personal opinion but honestly the first thing I thought of when going to Anfield was all 4 sides singing YNWO - or at least thousands of Albion scarfs being held up - even if not singing it - would look amazing!

Fair play. Just don't want LFC thinking we're only along for the ride, and to accept our defeat graciously. It would look bloody phenomenal on the tellybox if we OUTSUNG them at that point with Good Old Sussex By The Sea.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Any Albion fan contemplating joining in with never walk alone.. can you stay at home please.

Why would we not try and sing over it?

Because its disrespectful and to be quite frank, rude. How would we react if we had a cocophony of whistling during GOSBTS????

Put your scarf aloft and join in. It's a magical thing to do at Anfield

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

Don't recall us EVER singing it at the Goldstone. But sing it at anfield by all means - its the right place to do it

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Because its disrespectful and to be quite frank, rude. How would we react if we had a cocophony of whistling during GOSBTS????

Football fans being rude to each other? Whatever next.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
It would look bloody phenomenal on the tellybox if we OUTSUNG them at that point with Good Old Sussex By The Sea.
Would not only look bloody phenomenal but would solve transport problems after the game, provided all the pigs flying over Anfield can be harnessed (a 30 second blast of "der-der-der-der-der-alltgthernaa-goodolssbarzee-goodolssbarzee-ohwegoinuptowinthecupforsussbarzee" is going to achieve very little...)

"We Are Brighton From the South" is the correct choice of song to belt out in competition with YNWA and accompany with a sea of blue and white merchandise...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Sorry but what utter f***ing bollocks. So EVERY time any other team chant you listen respectfully? Sorry, I just get fed up with this mythical idolising of "the Great Liverpool football club" that constantly happens.

Do you get annoyed when away fans chants during our chants at the Amex? Perfectly normal, part of building an atmosphere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here