• Try Outsing

Votes: 48 26.1%
  • It Will Be Alright On The Night

Votes: 7 3.8%

• Total voters

Nuneatonseagull

Aug 9, 2011
Nuneaton
I was watching the 1983 final the other day (as you do) and noticed YNWA being sung clear as day. Surely this wasn't Utd so did we used to sing it or was it just a generic football song sung by any clubs fans?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I'm now concerned as to the results of this poll. If the majority decide to join in singing with the Liverpool fans we are going to look VERY tinpot

Why does anyone give a shit what anyone thinks? Especially a bunch of Scousers. I don't understand it.

I was watching the 1983 final the other day (as you do) and noticed YNWA being sung clear as day. Surely this wasn't Utd so did we used to sing it or was it just a generic football song sung by any clubs fans?

Yes, we did used to sing it.

I think the NSK should try and get it going again, just to see Richie Reynold's Haircut spontaneously combust with rage.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Why does anyone give a shit what anyone thinks? Especially a bunch of Scousers. I don't understand it.

It's on TV?

You can't seriously be telling me that you think it's a good idea? You're such a sensible poster normally!

No I'm not saying it's a good idea, I definitely wont sing it. But I'm not bothered if others want to. Let them enjoy their day out.

I doubt I'll be able to see straight by then anyway.

And thanks for the compliment, noted.

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Probably just listen. Then sing when there finished.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
HONEST question to everyone:

Which sounds the better option?

A) Brighton fans sing gamely along with their heroes Liverpool, the commentators talk about what a great day out this must be for plucky Brighton. Brighton lose (pluckily) 3-0, their fans and players alike gazing in awe as Liverpool coast through to score time and again.

B) You'll Never Walk Alone is OUTSUNG by a massive rendition of Good Old Sussex By The Sea - 6,000 Albion fans in unison, in a sea of Blue and White defiance. "It's plain to see that Brighton aren't here for the experience and chance to see the Liverpool boys, they're here to win."

Gus is pacing the dressing room, about to give his final words of advice. Outside he can hear the strains of GOSBTS.

"Tha's my team talk. I do not nee to say anythi. Go ow an do it for them."

So which is it? A or B?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
If you recall the bit in Zulu when the Zulus started singing their chant just before the attack on Rorke's Drift, the Welsh Borderers waited a bit & then gave them back THEIR song 'Men of Harlech'.

I think we know how that particular scrap ended...... :thumbsup:

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Unwa at Anfield tends to be pretty poor these days except for special occasions and not a patch on the 60s - 80s let them finish their drivel them show them how is done with GOSBTS let them stand in awe not us!

With you there,let them sing,don't sing or answer back. Then 'Good old Sussex by the sea' Simples really.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Scousers can do what scousers have to do. Just let them get it out of their system. But don't join in - it just makes you look like sad wannabes.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Errrrr..... I for one will be singing it !
I really do look forward to looking at a sea of blue and white though.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Scousers can do what scousers have to do. Just let them get it out of their system. But don't join in - it just makes you look like sad wannabes.

All those Scousers from Plymouth and Sweden with their spanking new scarfs holding their club shop carrier bags.

seagull1981

Blue & White Forever
Aug 8, 2010
HONEST question to everyone:

Which sounds the better option?

A) Brighton fans sing gamely along with their heroes Liverpool, the commentators talk about what a great day out this must be for plucky Brighton. Brighton lose (pluckily) 3-0, their fans and players alike gazing in awe as Liverpool coast through to score time and again.

B) You'll Never Walk Alone is OUTSUNG by a massive rendition of Good Old Sussex By The Sea - 6,000 Albion fans in unison, in a sea of Blue and White defiance. "It's plain to see that Brighton aren't here for the experience and chance to see the Liverpool boys, they're here to win."

Gus is pacing the dressing room, about to give his final words of advice. Outside he can hear the strains of GOSBTS.

"Tha's my team talk. I do not nee to say anythi. Go ow an do it for them."

So which is it? A or B?

Fair play, it would be (A) but after they sung YNWA because of that reason of why they sing it and the history of the song, so it might seemed insensitive, but sing it after, then yes with blue and white scarves to slowly sung GOSBTS!

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
f*** the scousers and YLWA....... we are Brighton not some tin pot non league outfit, all this talk about singing there song, what is happening to Brighton!!!!! Get a grip and support OUR team nobody else!!!! Utter bollocks for us to sing YNWA. Did you all jump up tonight and sing no-one likes us we don't care cos it's nasty Millwall??

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
:clap:
Just get 'racists, racists, racists' going the whole way through

:clap::clap::clap:
jesus, are people honestly thinking about joining in with the sad 'victim' scally twats, maybe they can just find some seats in the home end instead!!
or has this become another love in because we are some kind of small tinpot club that is just grateful for the chance to be playing at anfield....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here