• Try Outsing

Votes: 48 26.1%
  • It Will Be Alright On The Night

Votes: 7 3.8%

• Total voters

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Unwa at Anfield tends to be pretty poor these days except for special occasions and not a patch on the 60s - 80s let them finish their drivel them show them how is done with GOSBTS let them stand in awe not us!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Unbelievable. Maybe we should go in Liverpool shirts as well, with Suarez on the back? Genuinely embarrassing.

Are we a non-league side on a fun day trip up with the big boys? No, we are just outside the playoffs to the Prem, we have a squad full of quality players, and we just beat Newcastle.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Unwa at Anfield tends to be pretty poor these days except for special occasions and not a patch on the 60s - 80s let them finish their drivel them show them how is done with GOSBTS let them stand in awe not us!

They are more likely to laugh at us the way we gallop through GOSBTS.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
It's a song from a Rodgers and Hammerstein musical, I really don't think anyone should take it too seriously

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Why don't we also all join in with Glad All Over, Bubbles, No-one Likes Us, When the Saints Go Marching In, Pompey Chimes etc...

Not sure why people are even suggesting we should be quiet during it. It is just another team's song, not a minutes silence or anything like that.

Geez. How to come across as a small time club out for a big day in one easy step...

Correct answer

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
This isn't a bloody tea-party. What's the harm in singing over them?

That said, I've gone for singing WITH them - adds to the atmosphere that way.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I see where you're coming from but if we'd won up there a couple of weeks ago I'd have been singing it RIGHT in their faces and I'd have hoped others would have joined in.

No singing YNWA from me, other Premier League teams sure as hell don't do it, and it'd make me feel like a fan of a small Noddy team on a Big Cup Day Out. Like Havant & Waterlooville or something. Screw that, this is a winnable game for us, and I'm going up there hoping we beat them, not to shake hands with Scousers and tell them how amazing their club is. It's not like Liverpool have exactly covered themselves in glory lately anyway.

I wouldn't sing Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur, or I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles, or Blue Is The Colour, so there is absolutely no chance of me joining in with that cliched old crap at Anfield. I have no issue with them doing it, it's what they do, but it would make us look utterly small-time if we all sang along. IMHO, like.

If you do choose to join in- don't forget your big foam glad hands, or half & half scarves, will you? If nothing else, they'll be useful for wiping the tears from your eyes as you reach the last few lines.

Amen to that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't get why we'd sing the oppositions song.

Mr C Gull

Feb 1, 2011
Souwf London
Contrary to popular belief on here, my experience of YNWA at Anfield was not impressive at all and consisted of them piping the music through loud speakers and limited singing by the fans (obviously not drawing any comparisons to GOSBTS at the Amex!)- this was some Europa league game a few years ago but it was probably on a par in terms of attractiveness for the bindippers.

They might belt it out for Utd, Everton or someone they have common ground with like Celtic, but for a fifth round FA cup tie against a lower league club i don't think it will be particularly loud and something that 6,000 Albion in full voice could conceivably counteract.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Anfield is nothing special either, their main stand is no bigger than our West stand, and the area is a total shithole. The atmosphere is average as well, no matter how many times the pundits bang on about it being special, it is just a myth created for the benefit of armchair supporters

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
For a guy who is happy to walk about wearing a Star Wars tracksuit top and a headband, you're getting surprisingly precious about what other people might think.

He does that IRONICALLY

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here