Votes: 13 7.1%
  • Try Outsing

Votes: 48 26.1%
  • It Will Be Alright On The Night

Votes: 7 3.8%

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Part of the enjoyment of cup games, as opposed to bread & butter league games is experiencing some of the larger traditional clubs in the top flight. Part of that tradition is hearing their songs being belted out by thousands of fans. Let them sing it (I'll probably join in with my scarf held high) and hope that we have a miracle of 6,000 Brighton fans actually managing to sing our anthem at a decent pace (but I seriously doubt it)

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Can just about understand letting them sing it before singing GOSBTS ourselves, but to actually join in with it? No thank you.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Well we used to sing YNWA at the Goldstone.

Can you imagine the song Nazis on here if that happened now?

seagull1981

Blue & White Forever
Aug 8, 2010
GOSBTS slowly sung with blue and white scarves.....

seagull1981

Blue & White Forever
Aug 8, 2010
has anyone got the lyrics for a new thread?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Why don't we also all join in with Glad All Over, Bubbles, No-one Likes Us, When the Saints Go Marching In, Pompey Chimes etc...

Not sure why people are even suggesting we should be quiet during it. It is just another team's song, not a minutes silence or anything like that.

Geez. How to come across as a small time club out for a big day in one easy step...

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
Why don't we also all join in with Glad All Over, Bubbles, No-one Likes Us, When the Saints Go Marching In, Pompey Chimes etc...

Not sure why people are even suggesting we should be quiet during it. It is just another team's song, not a minutes silence or anything like that.

Geez. How to come across as a small time club out for a big day in one easy step...

Well you see we are obviously LUCKY BOYS to be playing at fortress anfield with the best fans in the world EVAR and should stand in awe as the mighty KOP sing their little song and be jolly glad of the priveledge!

f*** liverpool, we are brighton.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

We are a small club in many ways. It is changing - but going to Anfield is a big day out. It is quite possible in a few years we will send up a few coaches as we will be bored of trips to Anfield - but at the moment it is exciting. Anfield has seen the European Cup paraded 5 times, and the championship 18 times (off the top of my head). We have had nothing approaching that. You'll Never Walk Alone sung by the kop should be one of the sights of English football - and could not be further away from the songs you mention.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Well you see we are obviously LUCKY BOYS to be playing at fortress anfield with the best fans in the world EVAR and should stand in awe as the mighty KOP sing their little song and be jolly glad of the priveledge!

f*** liverpool, we are brighton.

We Are Brighton. And proud to be so. But also respectful of the opposition. Who we will then beat - as we did in 1983.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

For a guy who is happy to walk about wearing a Star Wars tracksuit top and a headband, you're getting surprisingly precious about what other people might think.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Uhhhh I would feel so dirty singing glad all over

I see where you're coming from but if we'd won up there a couple of weeks ago I'd have been singing it RIGHT in their faces and I'd have hoped others would have joined in.

No singing YNWA from me, other Premier League teams sure as hell don't do it, and it'd make me feel like a fan of a small Noddy team on a Big Cup Day Out. Like Havant & Waterlooville or something. Screw that, this is a winnable game for us, and I'm going up there hoping we beat them, not to shake hands with Scousers and tell them how amazing their club is. It's not like Liverpool have exactly covered themselves in glory lately anyway.

I wouldn't sing Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur, or I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles, or Blue Is The Colour, so there is absolutely no chance of me joining in with that cliched old crap at Anfield. I have no issue with them doing it, it's what they do, but it would make us look utterly small-time if we all sang along. IMHO, like.

If you do choose to join in- don't forget your big foam glad hands, or half & half scarves, will you? If nothing else, they'll be useful for wiping the tears from your eyes as you reach the last few lines.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
For a guy who is happy to walk about wearing a Star Wars tracksuit top and a headband, you're getting surprisingly precious about what other people might think.
kapow-smaller.jpg

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Really thought we were getting past doing noddy stuff like this as a club :nono:

If there's anyone near me singing it I'll have to boo louder than them to drown them out - otherwise I probably wouldn't be doing anything, so I guess it depends on who's around me as to what I do!

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
don`t join in just enjoy the experience of hearing the kop in full voice then sing GOSBTS.
Always remember the european nights on tv when the coverage would include `you`ll never walk alone` and they`d just let everyone enjoy it.
Why would you want to even try and ruin it? Lets face it you`ll just end up looking stupid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here