Votes: 48 26.1%
  • It Will Be Alright On The Night

Votes: 7 3.8%

• Total voters

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Bloody hell, how many posts are there from people having problems with others singing certain things, bringing balloons, foil FA cups, christ on a bike let everyone just go and enjoy themselves!

I'm all for balloons, inflatable seagulls, christ on a bike and whatever else but I would draw the line at joining in with a home chant... albeit a historically famous one. Jesus what next, we'll be singing the St. Pauli song or something...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Besides, when has whatever is said on here actually had an influence of what happens on the day!!??

If the majority of fans start joining in with YNWA, then so what, makes for a great atmosphere.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'm all for balloons, inflatable seagulls, christ on a bike and whatever else but I would draw the line at joining in with a home chant... albeit a historically famous one. Jesus what next, we'll be singing the St. Pauli song or something...

So you won't be singing Allllbbbiiooonnn Allliiibbboooonnn either

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
I went to Celtic vs Liverpool at Parkhead in the Champions league. They had Gerry Marsden on the pitch before the game and the whole ground sang You'll never walk alone. Best atmosphere I've ever experienced.
I'll be singing along, it doesn't mean I want us to win any less.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I went to Celtic vs Liverpool at Parkhead in the Champions league. They had Gerry Marsden on the pitch before the game and the whole ground sang You'll never walk alone. Best atmosphere I've ever experienced.
I'll be singing along, it doesn't mean I want us to win any less.

I don't think you'll be alone!

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Why would you sing another teams song??? Next we will all be joining in with glad all over, forever blowing bubbles or singing play up pompey!!!!!! :nono:

We're playing at Europe's, if not one of the worlds top clubs in a competition that still retains all the romance and heritage that makes English football what it is. The song itself is not only an anthem at Anfield, but probably one we've all sung at a New Years Eve party one time or another, it just resonates.

I can understand people not singing it, or comparing it to just another league game against some other club, but there is something special about Anfield, and many many Brighton fans will sing it, as do many other visiting fans in cup competitions.

I'm all for footballs tribal rivalries, but for one brief moment, there is something special about 40,000 belting out that song.

Seriously choked me up when I was there.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Singing to the silent and shell shocked Kop after Johnny Byrne's diving header, is one of my all time Albion memories.

Only sing when we slam in the third.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
We're playing at Europe's, if not one of the worlds top clubs in a competition that still retains all the romance and heritage that makes English football what it is. The song itself is not only an anthem at Anfield, but probably one we've all sung at a New Years Eve party one time or another, it just resonates.

I can understand people not singing it, or comparing it to just another league game against some other club, but there is something special about Anfield, and many many Brighton fans will sing it, as do many other visiting fans in cup competitions.

I'm all for footballs tribal rivalries, but for one brief moment, there is something special about 40,000 belting out that song.

Seriously choked me up when I was there.

I take your point....and to be honest there is no way 6000 visiting fans could outsing Anfield in full voice singing YNWA anyway so for those few minutes stand and let them crack on with it.........but its not our song so my opinion is not to actually join in and as mentioned if we could get 6000 fans singing GOSBTS at the proper speed in responce would be brilliant!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here