• Try Outsing

Votes: 48 26.1%
  • It Will Be Alright On The Night

Votes: 7 3.8%

• Total voters

seagull1981

Blue & White Forever
Aug 8, 2010
Brighton fans holding up blue and white scarfs during the song, would it be disrespectful or a good footballing gesture. :albion2:

me and my mate have got a split opinion, i think it would be a good thing.

So is it good or bad? :shrug:

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
Given some of the tripe I've read on other threads on here, it would make you a racist scumbag.

seagull1981

Blue & White Forever
Aug 8, 2010
Should try and get GOSBTS going whilst they're at this

If it was a different song, but not there song, i think that would be disrespectful singing GOSBTS during you'll never walk alone, but i meant singing you'll never walk alone while holding seagulls scarves like the kop.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I'm undecided whether to stand there and listen to one of the greatest things in British football, or whether we should sing our hearts out during it and get under their skin.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I was there in 2008 with Havant, and the 6000 visiting fans (including myself) pretty well spontaneously stood up scarfs aloft and joined in. It was a bit of a special moment to be honest.

Being a non-league club it was probably a bit different, but it seemed to just happen naturally.

There is little point singing over it, they get it every week with the Premiership teams going there, I hope we're able to show a bit more class.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Any Albion fan contemplating joining in with never walk alone.. can you stay at home please.

Why would we not try and sing over it?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think we should just stand and respectfully let them sing their thing (not join in, FFS), like a rugby team accepting the haka. Then as soon as they finish, belt out GOSBTS as a response.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think scarves aloft and join in if you know the words!

Same here.

You'll Never Walk Alone is a brilliantly evocative song, and I think it would be SUPERB if we joined in, singing along with blue and white aloft. When Celtic did that in a European game (and yes, I do know it's a Celtic song as well) it made the hairs on my arms stand on end, just watching it on the tellybox.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Brighton fans holding up blue and white scarfs during the song, would it be disrespectful or a good footballing gesture. :albion2:

me and my mate have got a split opinion, i think it would be a good thing.

So is it good or bad? :shrug:

How about just go along and enjoy the day? fucks sake , talk about over complicate things.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I think we should just stand and respectfully let them sing their thing (not join in, FFS), like a rugby team accepting the haka. Then as soon as they finish, belt out GOSBTS as a response.
This , although the version post- Donny in '97 still sends a tingle every time I see it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Any Albion fan contemplating joining in with never walk alone.. can you stay at home please.

Why would we not try and sing over it?

Bloody hell, how many posts are there from people having problems with others singing certain things, bringing balloons, foil FA cups, christ on a bike let everyone just go and enjoy themselves!

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

This, my mind is made up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here