Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You want a 14% return on your investment in 8 months time?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A bit of simplistic arithmetic going on there, methinks. The return is only 7.14%.
How did you work that out?

The simple bit is calling it an investment.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Nope, looked at the avatar and still not getting it.
I assume the comment is connected to the person?
Did the guy do a song called that i'm guessing?

The geezer with the guitar is Max Miller :facepalm:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
And :shrug: the relevance is?

It was one of his catchphrases :thumbsup: another couple were "now , there's a funny thing" and "they don't make 'em anymore , duck"
He was a famous comedian born in Brighton. During World War 1 he joined the Royal Sussex Regiment so would have no doubt sung "Sussex By The Sea" whilst marching into battle. His comedy material was full of double entendre (I was walking on a narrow cliff-top path and this really gorgeous blonde was approaching me , with no room to get past each other I didn't know whether I should back up or toss myself off) or he left off the last word for the audience to complete (When roses are red , they're ready for plucking. When a girl is 16 , she's ready for ....... )

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
It was one of his catchphrases :thumbsup: another couple were "now , there's a funny thing" and "they don't make 'em anymore , duck"
He was a famous comedian born in Brighton. During World War 1 he joined the Royal Sussex Regiment so would have no doubt sung "Sussex By The Sea" whilst marching into battle. His comedy material was full of double entendre (I was walking on a narrow cliff-top path and this really gorgeous blonde was approaching me , with no room to get past each other I didn't know whether I should back up or toss myself off) or he left off the last word for the audience to complete (When roses are red , they're ready for plucking. When a girl is 16 , she's ready for ....... )

Thanks for that, get it now.
Still don't know why its on is every post on a football forum though.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Apologies to TT Fridge, I'm not familiar with these new odds and initially thought he meant 1/14 (although these look decidedly short now :) Does 1.14 convert to 114/100 against? Seems rather long, even now.

If you've ever bet on the tote it's like that: £1 bet returns £1.14
About 7/1 ON

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Odds are unlikely the same now as we were top. Might be worth a punt if you time it before our next good run of form.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here