Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You Opinions needed NSC

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Well as I have mentioned to some people I will be heading to English for nearly 2 and a half weeks over April and May. I had a plan for matches semi set in stone, however with the recent passing of my friend Evan I have sort of changed the focus of my trip. Evan was always telling me about football from around the league and how different teams were doing and such. Not only was it his encouraging that made me book my trip to England, but its now from his encouraging that I have decided to catch as much football while there and esstentially make this a football holiday. I have three matches set for sure those are

April 23rd Aston Villa v Stoke City
April 30th Brighton V Huddersfield
May 7th Aston Villa V Wigan

One quick thing, being that the Brighton match will be the last home one at Withdean will tickets ben an issue?

What I really need your opinion on is the list below. Its of all the matches on in England (As far as I know anyway) while I am there. I know you lot will know alot more about must see match ups or good days out etc. So if you can have a look over and offer up any information on matches I should see just let me know.

April 25th
Championship
10:00 AM Barnsley v Doncaster Rovers
10:00 AM Bristol City v Nottingham Forest
10:00 AM Burnley v Portsmouth
10:00 AM Crystal Palace v Leeds United
10:00 AM Leicester City v Watford
10:00 AM Middlesbrough v Coventry City
10:00 AM Norwich City v Derby County
10:00 AM Preston North End v Cardiff City
10:00 AM Queens Park Rangers v Hull City
10:00 AM Reading v Sheffield United
10:00 AM Scunthorpe United v Millwall
10:00 AM Swansea City v Ipswich Town

League 1
10:00 AM AFC Bournemouth v Bristol Rovers
10:00 AM Carlisle United v Leyton Orient
10:00 AM Charlton Athletic v Rochdale
10:00 AM Colchester United v Brighton
10:00 AM Huddersfield Town v Dagenham & Redbridge
10:00 AM Notts County v Brentford
10:00 AM Oldham Athletic v Walsall
10:00 AM Peterborough United v Yeovil Town
10:00 AM Plymouth Argyle v Milton Keynes Dons
10:00 AM Sheffield Wednesday v Swindon Town
10:00 AM Southampton v Hartlepool United
10:00 AM Tranmere Rovers v Exeter City

League 2
10:00 AM Barnet v Oxford United
10:00 AM Bradford City v Aldershot Town
10:00 AM Burton Albion v Torquay United
10:00 AM Chesterfield v Bury
10:00 AM Lincoln City v Cheltenham Town
10:00 AM Macclesfield Town v Southend United
10:00 AM Morecambe v Hereford United
10:00 AM Rotherham United v Gillingham
10:00 AM Shrewsbury Town v Accrington Stanley
10:00 AM Stevenage v Port Vale
10:00 AM Stockport County v Northampton Town
10:00 AM Wycombe Wanderers v Crewe Alexandra

April 29th
League 2
2:45 PM Torquay United v Chesterfield

May 8th (Last day before flying home on 9th)
8:00 AM Wolverhampton Wanderers v West Bromwich Albion (I hear this is an intense Derby)

Championship
10:00 AM Barnsley v Millwall
10:00 AM Bristol City v Hull City
10:00 AM Burnley v Cardiff City
10:00 AM Crystal Palace v Nottingham Forest
10:00 AM Leicester City v Ipswich Town
10:00 AM Middlesbrough v Doncaster Rovers
10:00 AM Norwich City v Coventry City
10:00 AM Preston North End v Watford
10:00 AM Queens Park Rangers v Leeds United
10:00 AM Reading v Derby County
10:00 AM Scunthorpe United v Portsmouth
10:00 AM Swansea City v Sheffield United

I am thinking for May 8th that the QPR Leeds match might worth a watch (as I leave the next day on the 9th) and given the teams current positions in the table the match might be a huge one either way.

So there you have it. Let me know which ones are must sees and I should go to. I will have a rail pass and be traveling solo so getting around (yes Ive heard the stories about the rail) wont be a problem (so to speak). Other than that if there is any other information you might need about my trip that might sway your thoughts on matches etc just let me know. Thank you all in advance!

Peev

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Whichever match you choose on the 25th, you can catch Albion beforehand in most pubs with Sky Sports, since they are playing the early kick off match at 12:15(?). I know that doesnt help you with your match choice but a FYI if your interested.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The Brighton match will be very difficult to get tickets for, it will be a sell out- someone on here might not be able to attend and give you a ticket or you could use the ticket exchange closer to the time but that would be a massive risk. I would try and sort a ticket out for that by hook or by crook ASAP.

QPR v Leeds would be a great game, again subject to you being able to get a ticket, no games stand out on the 25 apart from the Brighton (potential promotion party) game but that's on the telly early afternoon so you could potentially watch that in the pub then go to a 3pm game but meh.

One quick thing, being that the Brighton match will be the last home one at Withdean will tickets be an issue?

Are you kidding? It'll be a possible promotion decider too. In any case, the points will be vital as even with a sudden drop in results we should still be in contention for a play-off place (which would mean that this would not be the last match at Withdean).

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Are you kidding? It'll be a possible promotion decider too. In any case, the points will be vital as even with a sudden drop in results we should still be in contention for a play-off place (which would mean that this would not be the last match at Withdean).

I didnt word that be how I ment it haha. But you answered it anyway cheers. Any more thoughts NSC?

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I'd echo QPR v Leeds as a great fixture. Loftus Road is a cracking stadium for atmosphere and Leeds will bring loads for what could be a huge game, and therein lies the problem. Tickets may be extremely hard to come by.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
I'd echo QPR v Leeds as a great fixture. Loftus Road is a cracking stadium for atmosphere and Leeds will bring loads for what could be a huge game, and therein lies the problem. Tickets may be extremely hard to come by.

Yeah it seems like most people I talk to agree that going to that match would be fantastic it just might be an issue getting tickets.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Just one thing, i would hate for you to be standing outside for 5 hours, all the games listed as 10AM are 3PM kick offs, im sure you are aware and have put your local times but... just incase.

May 8th Crystal Palace v Nottm Forest could see Palace relegated and Forest promoted, could be an interesting game. Also on that day the exact same scenario could happen between Swansea and Sheffield United, if you fancy a trip to Wales

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Just one thing, i would hate for you to be standing outside for 5 hours, all the games listed as 10AM are 3PM kick offs, im sure you are aware and have put your local times but... just incase.

May 8th Crystal Palace v Nottm Forest could see Palace relegated and Forest promoted, could be an interesting game. Also on that day the exact same scenario could happen between Swansea and Sheffield United, if you fancy a trip to Wales

Took longer then I thought for someone to point out the times haha. One of my mates is a Forest supporter and he might fancy the match as well. Cheers Ecosse

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Peever it is vital that you watch the film Green Street before you come over and shout out "It's all kicking off you bloody blokes!" every few minutes in the environs of any football stadium you come across, whether on match day or not.

You're not the Canadian version of UK celebrity violin virtuoso Nigel Kennedy per chance? Mainly Aston Vanilla with a little bit of Brighton thrown in?

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Peever it is vital that you watch the film Green Street before you come over and shout out "It's all kicking off you bloody blokes!" every few minutes in the environs of any football stadium you come across, whether on match day or not.

You're not the Canadian version of UK celebrity violin virtuoso Nigel Kennedy per chance? Mainly Aston Vanilla with a little bit of Brighton thrown in?
Seen the film and I assure you I will not be shouting Anthony like that or being a "dumb yank" as Evan would say. I'm there to watch the football.

Tay how did you know I am a gardener in my spare time?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Peever, if you want to do a bit of sightseeing while you're here you could do alot worse than Notts County away on May 7th. You could probably book early and get a ticket in their end no problem. It's a decent Ground and Nottingham is good for a weekend away.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
April 23rd Aston Villa v Stoke City

I don't know much about how easy or not it is to get tickets at Villa Park, but I am a registered member at Villa, so if that's needed to get tickets, drop me a PM and I'll help you sort out tickets.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I know Villa are your 1st team but i really think you should swap your Villa v Wigan (yawn) for notts co v Albion.

This could well be our promotion party with 5-7,000 of us travelling up so it will be a real 'must see', especially if you cannot see any games at Withdean.

Away games are loads better than home anyway.

Believe me, you won't regret it.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I know Villa are your 1st team but i really think you should swap your Villa v Wigan (yawn) for notts co v Albion.

This could well be our promotion party with 5-7,000 of us travelling up so it will be a real 'must see', especially if you cannot see any games at Withdean.

Away games are loads better than home anyway.

Believe me, you won't regret it.

Just echoing what Freddy said. Villa V Wigan will be a nothing end of season friendly between two teams finishing in the middle of the division. If you want some real football, a party atmosphere and some 'exotic' bars after the match (!) then Notts County is THE destination.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
I had thought about that as well. But at hte rate the Villa season is going that match against Wigan might be huge on whether we stay up or not. Houllier aint got a clue. But I will keep that in mind.

Gritt thanks for the offer but plenty of the lads from Avilla have offered to help me out there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here