Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You can only post on this thread if you are Palace or are a secret Palace lover.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
For what it's worth I've always had a soft spot for people who follow their local side rather than a big club up the road. Stockport fans who could just as easily watch Man United. Nottingham people who go to County. Tranmere rather than Liverpool. And Palace supporters who could pretty simply get to one of four Premiership grounds. Without people like them clubs like Orient, Barnet and Brentford would be dead. I'd rather buy a drink for one Palace supporter than have 50 of those superior-looking Sussex "Arsenal fans" buy drinks for me. Am I banned?

herbicide

weedkiller
Mar 25, 2006
Horley
It's a good point.

I suppose that's why some of us have a grudging respect for Brighton fans. They have stuck with their club through losing their ground, getting relegated, playing awful football, watching football in a shit-hole of a ground and problems with managers/ owners. They could have chucked it in and "supported" Chelsea or Man Ure, but they didn't. And it doesn't matter whether there is a "bigger" club up the road - I see plenty of Man Ure shirts around Horley.

Same with us. The setbacks that we have suffered have made us stronger and made us despise the Armchair United fans even more.

(Brighton are still a bunch of poofs though)

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Just for all my palace friends who are tuning in to NSC for news of their favourites, who are currently playing at home....

Palace are 2-0 to Reading.

Oh dear!!!!!!

Crystal Palace, I would have loved to have seen and visited the building and the Great Exhibition in the mid 1850's. Would even have enjoyed seeing it when it was relocated to Sydenham. It must have been an awesome sight, even as it was burning down.

Crystal Palace FC. Don't like them at all. Did see Status Quo play a "farewell gig" at Selhurst in '84 and thought that it must be handy having a Sainsbury's so close.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here