Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] You Bet!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
ITV have announced this morning they are bringing back cult TV game show You Bet! hosted by Stephen Mulhern. Always was a favourite of me and Mrs Crod back in the day as we joined in and bet wether the contestant could complete their challenge. Who can forget possibly the most iconic challenge of all...

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
This was a good show for its day. The one sticks in my mind, as a huge Bowie fan, was a guy naming the tracks based on just a few notes of the intros.

Not sure how well it will present to an audience today although Alan Carr's revivals of old game shows seems to have gone down quite well. I just find that Mulhern grates but I'll give it a go.

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
ITV have announced this morning they are bringing back cult TV game show You Bet! hosted by Stephen Mulhern. Always was a favourite of me and Mrs Crod back in the day as we joined in and bet wether the contestant could complete their challenge. Who can forget possibly the most iconic challenge of all...

I had forgotten the whole show, let alone the iconic challenge.

Last edited:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It gets better, not only is it a revamp of the 80's/90's classic gameshow but it's a CELEBRITY version.

:O

Odds on, pardon the pun, Joey Essex or Gemma Collins on the first show.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I remember LOVING this as a kid.

There is a chance I'll discover my tastes have changed.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
I think it was this show where a guy was blindfolded and had to identify the make and model of cars by hearing the door being closed.

Gripping stuff :)
It would appear I am not alone:

1723047347378.png

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
My folks were never keen on watching ITV, so for that reason, I've never seen it.

Based on that clip, I don't feel that I missed out.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Thankyou for posting this Crodo. 2 of my mates used to be red coats with Mulhern at Butlins and - as a result of working with him over a period of time - probably wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire. Naturally, I took great delight sending them this story on the WhatsApp group this morning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here