Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yorkshire v Warwickshire

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I would take one side thrashing the other limiting the loser to 2-3 points, on current form that should be Warwickshire. If we can then beat one of them at home would make it hard for whoever loses to come back.

C'mon the Bears!

Attachments

• bears.jpg
    bears.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 149

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
:(:down::nono::US:

Serves us right for the ridiculous flattening of Edgbaston to 'play to our strengths'. The only game we've won all season was at bloody New Road, we've lost to Durham at home and drawn the rest :shootself

you mean apart from the 2nd game weve won this this year against Worcs at hove ???

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Sorry, thought the 'us' and 'Edgbaston' reference would have given away the fact I'm a Warks supporter. I had the dubious honour of being born there.

Its all going wrong at the worst time for your lot, will be a bit of a tussle down in Hove from the 9th of September. Is that like a weird home game for you.

Its all going wrong at the worst time for your lot, will be a bit of a tussle down in Hove from the 9th of September. Is that like a weird home game for you.

Giles has been far too negative since he took over, that's the problem. We should have plenty of money, but I suspect some of it may be being saved up for the ground development.

As soon as he came in at the start of last season, he had the pitch flattened, and we signalled our intentions by signing Boyd 'inconsistent' Rankin to lead the attack and Ian Salisbury as our spinner (basically playing as a bowling all rounder). We bored our way up last season, and then simply didn't move forward. Despite being linked with lots of exciting names (such as Hildreth and Mawan) we ended up signing only Jeetan Patel as an offspiner who can bat (and only then because Salisbury announced his retirement). There's far too much reliance on the youth team. The signing of Sreesanth now (to replace the injured Patel) shows that Giles has realised our weakness, but unfortunately it's all a bit late.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here