Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yesterday was positive [Falmer]

ade28uk

Jul 23, 2003
I did not go to the march yesterday so sorry, but what I or saw from the interview on the Politics Show all the presenters where in favour and questioned how this land is an area of outstanding natural beauty, why these meetings where conducted behind closed doors and why they dont concentrate on key services like the NHS instead.

The images from the march on NSC an other local news it is all very very positive. For Labour to turn around and say NO this would definately not be a good move especially when 2JABS2JAGS said yes.

I was thinking last night is If Falmer was hated so much where were the campaigners yesterday? where were they.

Where where Lewes District Council and also Norman Baker? Why did they not go. Is it because they know they are on a loser. Is it because most people in East Sussex really dont care or are in favour of a stadium.

When some of these Liberal Democrates display a banner saying Liberal Democrates 4 Falmer does not look good for LDC does it. At least it shows that this pathetic waste of time and is being caused by a handful of idiots.

People power wins.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I think it was good that they didn't. It shows that they are not taking responsibility for their actions and also did not give the chance for the demo to turn ugly, as it could have done - should some of them have shown their faces.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Helped hand out a few leaflets before the speeches.

Some very positive comments from some young lib dems from Brighton, who wanted to sign a petition if there was one.

I told them the best thing they could do is spread the word to other members.

Most people entering the conference were willing to take a leaflet at least.

Only a few were downright rude, but one having had a chat with a local policeman about the demo came back apologised and asked for one.

I managed to collar a high profile politician whilst I was having a beer on the beach in the evening. Again he was very polite and took a leaftlet.

I would think there is a lot of pressure on politicians in the main political parties not to show dissent, so the effect of the lib dems with the banner should not be understated.

( Especially in terms of the cheering that came from our crowd for them, that wouldn't have gone unnoticed )

Although there wasn't a turnout like the marches, the effect was as large if not more so. There were sustained speeches from a number of people (including one of their own), and as Paul Samrah was in full flow there were a fair few people coming out of the conference, standing onthe pavement and LISTENING.

I'm not how sure how used the lib dems are to large crowds demonstrating against them. The whole thing would have hit home to a good fair few.

Very positive day.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Clapham. I, too handed out some leaflets, pre-demo. I found some of the hotels were not interested in the slightests as they had Lib Dems staying with them. I tried to explain that this brochure was not ripping the party to shreads, merely pointing out why we are demonstrating and how the LDC have been conducting themselves.

There were a few "oh god, bloody footbal fan" looks when I handed them to the passing delegates, although I would say the majority were courteous and genuinely interested in what had been going on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here